Need pancake recipe

Options
stantheman36
stantheman36 Posts: 12 Member
I always use a just add water mix but I am wondering if there is a heather or lower calories way of making them thanks for any help Stan H.

Replies

• Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Pancakes by themselves aren't high-calorie foods. It's the crap that gets put on top that's awful.

That being said, I love buckwheat pancakes. I found this recipe on USAweekend.com:

Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes

• ¾ cup buckwheat flour
    • ¾ cup whole-grain pastry flour or whole-wheat flour
    • 1½ tsps. baking powder
    • ½ tsp. baking soda
    • ¼ tsp. salt
    • 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
    • ¾ cup non-fat milk
    • 1 Tb. honey
    • 2 large eggs
    • 2 Tbs. canola oil
    • 2 cups fresh or (thawed) frozen unsweetened blueberries
    • Cooking spray
    • ½ cup pure maple syrup

In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, beat together the buttermilk, non-fat milk, honey, eggs and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing only enough to combine them (the batter will be somewhat lumpy). Stir in 1 cup of the blueberries.

Coat a large non-stick griddle or skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. Use a ¼ cup measure to ladle the batter onto the griddle or skillet. Flip the pancakes when they are golden brown on the bottom and bubbles are forming on top, about 1½ minutes. Keep the pancakes warm in a 200-degree oven as you finish cooking the remaining ones.
    Serve topped with the remaining blueberries and the maple syrup.

Yield: 4 servings (makes 12 4-inch pancakes)

Per serving: 435 calories, 73g carbohydrates, 13g protein, 11g fat (1.5g saturated), 110mg cholesterol, 7g fiber, 640mg sodium

Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Taunton Press Inc., from The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life, by Ellie Krieger. Copyright © 2008 by Ellie Krieger.

Contributing editor and registered dietitian Ellie Krieger is host of Food Network’s Healthy Appetite, which airs on the Cooking Channel. Her most recent cookbook is Comfort Food Fix: Feel Good Favorites Made Healthy.
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Oatmeal pancakes
    6 egg whites
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 tsp sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Put all in blender and process until smooth. Makes about 10 pancakes, using 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Yield; 3 servings.
    Nutritional info per serving (3 pancakes):
    Calories: 181
    Fat: 2.7 grams
    Cholesterol: 20 mg
    Sodium: 361 mg
    Carbs: 20 g
    Fiber 2.8 g

I personally use STEVIA or splenda instead of the sugar and trust me even if you do not like cottage cheese you will never know it is in there I blend my cottage cheese up in my bullet blender first and it is creamy as cake batter with no chunks. I always have frozen blueberries or frozen rasperries so I typically microwave those with a little bit of sweatner and serve over the pancakes instead of syrup. I have also made a double batch and put them in foil and put them in the oven the next day to warm them up.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    2 x eggs
    2x banana
    0.4 cups of blue berries
    blend it all together
    put a bit of olive oil on the pan
    and on about medium-high wait about 2-5 mins flip and then again about 2-3 minutes ( it depends on the size, thickness heat you use)
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Found this recipe on this forum:

1 medium banana,
    2 Tbsp Oats
    1 large egg.

Blend until smoothe and cook on skillet. 197 caloriea for whole recipe.
  • alsanders80
    alsanders80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used the lower fat/ heart healthy biscuick mix. It is fast and tastes great. I use egg sub instead of the one egg which lowers the fat/calories even more. With our busy family, something that is so easy and simple, I use the multi purpose mix. :) I do use fat free milk, you could add 1 Tbsp vinager and let is sit for 5 minutes then mix the vinager and milk mixture up then add to batter. It will give you a butter milk flavor to your pancakes. :)