will you review my exercise?

Options
Hi guys. I need someone to review my training. Do you think it's a good plan? could i do better?
I'm overweight and need too lose more weight.

Monday: 20 min. PW, 20 min crosstrainer, 20 min. spinning/stationary bike and 30 minutes with weights
Tuesday: C25K, 20 min. crosstrainer, 30 min weights
Wednesday: 1 hour weights and 20-30 min crosstrainer
Thursday : C25K, 20 min. crosstrainer, 30 min weights
Friday: Rest
Saturday: C25K, 20 min. crosstrainer, 30 min weights
Sunday: Rest

Is that okay?

Replies

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I would work 3 days, rest 1, work 2 days, rest 1.
  • astridlind22
    Options
    bump
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you are probably better off doing 3 x full body strength sessions, with a rest day in between and HIIT carido 1 or 2 x per week if you want extra cardio.

so i usually do strength monday, wednesday and friday, and HIIT on saturday and either walk or rest the days in between depending how i feel.
  • notthatthis
    Options
    that's times - tell us nothing about effort. what is heart rate? Can you relate to the Borg Scale? http://www.gymcompany.co.uk/blog/2011/health-fitness-tip-of-the-day-199

You could spend 8 hours on a cross trainer and it be like someone else doing 60 minutes.

fit people need 30 minutes per day cardio to maintain fitness levels. Unfit/overweight people need to work 3 times longer (90 mins) to try to become fit people.

In the early stages of fitness building it is unlikely you need a total rest day, bearing in mind a rest day for a professional cyclist involves cycling about 50 miles compared to the 180 - 220 they normally do.
  • HitenL
    HitenL Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but this has worked for me ....

What I have found best to lose fat is interval training. High intensity bursts on the treadmill, cross trainer or bike for one to two minutes followed by 30-45 seconds at a lower intensity and then high intensity again etc for about 20-25 mins in total.

Strectching is very important too. Make sure that you stretch after your cardio to avoid injuries.
    Weight training will also help to build up strength and shape.

I would aim to work out every other day. 1 day workout/1 day rest etc with an aim to do 4 days working out a week.

Swimming is also an excellent form of excercise.

All the best.
  • astridlind22
    Options
    Thanks for the advise.
    I'm no newbie in the gym. At all..
    When i workout my heartrate is between 150-170 (my heartrate is always super high..)
    I only have rest days because of a bad knee + i need to have some days where i can use the time for food shopping, planning and seeing friends :p

I thought about using the 30. min weights to focus on abs/back, legs, arms and then on the 1 hour workout i'm gonna take a full-body workout.
    Right know i just do the whole body everytime.
    I've lost 41 lbs. so far, so i must be doing something right :-) Just needed an opinion on what to do now.
  • notthatthis
    Options
    Interesting that you have a bad knee and are doing C25K, that is like having a ruptured disc and doing squats.

If you are still going for weightloss I would look at ways to put cardio training into anaerobic training. So, instead of counting reps, you go for time, this can be intervals, HIIT or Tabata style. Use less weight.

Look at Pyramid Training, Ladder Complex, Lunge Matrix, Squat Variant routines - with these you will get a cardio workout and full body. 45 minutes of this style with 15 mins for warm up, dynamic stretching and cool down with static stretching. 60 minutes, you should be shattered.
  • astridlind22
    Options
    Sounds really cool to switch reps out with time. I will def. try that!! Sounds kinda fun.

Well.. my knee is bad because of my weight, so i have to balance between what i want and what i can do.
    I'm not gonna stop running because of it. It's a dream of mine to run - and i'm gonna do it. That just how it is.
    After my weightloss my knee's been better and as long as i give it some rest, it doesn't hurt or get sore :)
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    you are probably better off doing 3 x full body strength sessions, with a rest day in between and HIIT carido 1 or 2 x per week if you want extra cardio.

so i usually do strength monday, wednesday and friday, and HIIT on saturday and either walk or rest the days in between depending how i feel.

dat dere
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I AM NO EXPERT, BUT I AM IN MY FIRST WEEK OF INSANITY...I FEEL GOOD....I AM DETERMINED TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT BY APRIL..
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Having Friday off is probably good for you based on your age :-) . I think you have too many consecutive days (mon-thurs.) where you are working your muscles. You need to let them build back up after you tear them down, even at your age. Maybe work in a day of pure aerobic (walking / elliptical / etc.) after a few days of cross-training and weights if you want to keep Friday and Sunday as off days.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options

dat dere

Thirded.