Brand Spankin' New! Looking for Friends!

Options
Hi All!

I just recently joined MFP, and I have been silently browsing the forums! This seems to be such an amazing community, and I'm looking forward to diving in!

A bit about myself: I'm 26, recently married, and looking to lose 60lbs. I'd like to say that I don't care how long it takes (and to an extent that's true), but my biggest weakness when it comes to weightloss is my impatience.

When I was 20, I made my first real effort at losing weight. I was pushing 200 at the time, and I dove into exercise (2 hours a day most days) and healthy eating (1200 calories per day), and I managed to lose 50lbs in just a few short months! I maintained that weightloss for the next 3-4 years. However, at 23-24, I started my final year of law school, which was immediately followed by the bar exam, and a 70+hour a week job. Needless to say, in two short years, I managed to regain ALL the weight (plus an extra 12lbs). I was topping the scale at 212 and demoralized by the ground that I'd lost!

I was 1 year away from my wedding and adament that I'd lose it all before the big day. Needless to say, losing weight with the schedule of a college student is FAR easier than losing weight with a full-time job and grown-up stressors! However, I did manage to shed 30 of the unwanted lbs before the wedding, and (now that it's over), I'm hoping to dive in without a looming deadline (which always sets me up for failure)!

I have 60lbs that I'd like to lose to get to my goal weight! I've already lost a couple of pounds, and I'm looking for friends to motivate me through to the end!

Wishing you all well! :smile:

Replies

• AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Add me. :) I am impatient as well so I know how you feel.
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Definately add me! I had a total of around 60 to lose, im down to 40 left, MFP has been a HUGE (no pun intended) reason that im not so huge anymore. =]
  • clynn84
    clynn84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I just started MFP yesterday and am loving it! I am looking to lose 35 more pounds and like you I am impatient! I have to go to my brothers wedding in April which is aboard a carnival cruise and I have my 10 year class reunion this coming July so I am coming into this running so that I can lose all this weight as quickly as possible and could use all the motivation I can get and would love to help motivate others as well. Feel free to add me!
  • BeccaAshley07
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :)
  • tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on everyday and I'll be more then happy to type out some inspirational cliches to get you motivated
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add..
  • happygerbera
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I dont really do the food jornal on here tend to write it down on paper in a notebook at home here
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been doing MFP for about 1 1/2 weeks and find it great so far! Add me too! We can all use a little inspiration and motivation from each other!
  • kristinlc88
    kristinlc88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anyone, feel free to add me. The more friends the better :)
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Know the feeling of stressors!:smile:
  • tlwells62
    tlwells62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me -- I am new too. I will encourage you as well!! tlwells62
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm on here everyday so I'd be glad to offer support and encouragement. You can do this! I've lost 66 pounds so far. If I can do it, anybody can!
  • spongegina
    Options
    Please add me- I need all of the help and friends that I can get. I tend to get very frustrated when I don't see results quickly. I sort of forget that I didn't gain it overnight and it's not going to come off that way. :tongue:
  • gillesse
    gillesse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I know how you feel about being impatient, but I just keep thinking about the abundance of clothes that I will be able to fit in once I lose it all :D I also want to lose 60 lbs, though I have lost 10 so far and 50 more to go.

Going to add you to my friends list nows... :)
  • christel8302012
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am in the legal field as well, and understand the stress and hours, as well as the difficulty in keeping patient with the numbers game:)
  • lumberjackiee
    lumberjackiee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jackie! I'm 24, a type 1 diabetic, and I just started crossfit a few weeks ago (I LOVE IT!) I'd love some new friends to share this journey with :)
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. Understand all too well the pressures of a high-energy job and the demands of life (I'm a nurse). I too get impatient but have to step back and realize I didn't get to this place overnight. I am in this for the long-haul! Best of luck.
  • ejgballerina
    ejgballerina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I can always use extra motivation! :)