Anyone done the 30 day shred with success?

Options
Ive been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 10 days now on level 2.....and I cant see anything change in myself I took pics but wont look at the diff till the end of the 30 days I wanna know if it worked well for any of you? Pics?

Replies

• Dani_Davies23
    Options
    I'm almost done with it.
    Not sure if I look differnt but I feel a lot stronger and healthy.
    Sorry for totally not answering your question. :happy:
  • christinaar821
    christinaar821 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred as well! I'm on day 10, but can already feel my endurance and strength increasing.

Did you remember to take your measurements before starting? Even if the scale doesn't reflect weight lost, or if your pictures dont look different, you can tell if you've lost inches.

I've heard nothing but great things about it, so good luck! :) I'm sure you're doing great!!!
  • aliciabeatty
    aliciabeatty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 2 and at the end of level 1 I had lost 6lbs and 16''. I love it!
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I finished on Saturday (1/12) and had terrific success! =) Although I only lost 3.6 lbs....I lost 11.25 inches!!! My stomach has really gone down! I feel much stronger and I'm very happy. I only measured my neck, under bust, waist (aka the roll LOL), hips, upper left and right leg, plus my upper arms. I didn't measure my calves or nothing but my boots fit much better. ha ha!

I recommend it...just make sure you take it easy if you feel strained and concentrate on your form (so you don't accidentally hurt yourself) if you choose to do it. :wink:

@AliciaBeatty--That is terrific!!! So happy for you!!! :bigsmile:

Happy Shredding!
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it as well. Though I must say it's a lot harder than I realized it would be. My brain can't seem to wrap itself around the fact that I put on 60 pounds after having my baby and I'm terribly out of shape! I'm on day three and can feel a difference. I don't pray for death while doing it...or didn't last night! So good luck to you!!
  • milliem1
    Options
    i'm only on day 3 of level 1 but i can already see my stomach and arms looking more toned and finding level 1 easier already. it's amazing
  • melt2svelte
    Options
    I'm on Level 2 Day 3, and the last time I measured (close to the end of Level 1), I had lost about 1/2 inch from my waist, bust, hips, and thighs, and I feel more firm, as well as my endurance going up.

It is hard and definitely effective.

I've read a lot about people's results on here, and it seems like it doesn't result in a high amount of weight loss, but people lose inches and tone up.

Keep on shredding! It'll be worth it.
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be Day 4 of Level 1 for me. Im definitely out of shape but its fun and gets a little easier by the day! Good Luck everyone!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the shred too, I just completed day 4 of level 1, and it was much easier than the 1st day. I *think* I'm losing... I'd say I've lost .5"? off my hips... It doesn't seem like much, but, it's progress... I know that's not a complete answer to your question, but hope it helps.
  • bienemaya483
    Options
    I always start and never finish it, this time i am determined and i just finished day 1 level 1. There was a time i did it for a week and i lost some inches, but i also do running and lift weights :)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely see a change. Even if you don't, you'll definitely be stronger. I finished 30 DS, Ripped In 30, and currently doing 6 Week 6 Pack now. I'm one of those guys that don't care if Jillian is boring or if I don't see results right away...I just keep going. The results will come!!!

Btw, I also alternate cardio so don't always do it every day. I do 8ks and half-marathons in between core work. Love Jillian!

(1) pic taken last summer (2) after 30 DS (3) after RI30.

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results-.jpg
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow u look amazing!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I got amazing results! I did 30 Day Shred twice in a row, so 60 days in total. During the first 30 days I lost "only" 2.1kg (4.6lbs) but as much as 25.5cm (10 inches). During the second round I lost 2kg (4.4lbs) and 12cm (4.7 inches). When I did 30DS I didn't pay much attention to what I was eating (yeah, boo me). I did 30DS six times a week, and besides that I went for a 5km walk maybe 3-4 times a week. Also, I was heavily overweight when I did 30DS.
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    I've been doing 30 DS in between other stuff (cardio, pushups, etc.) It's been 15 days, and I've lost 5 pounds. I can see the change in the mirror, especially my face, but won't redo my measurements until 1 FEB. Keep it up!
  • karedaly75
    karedaly75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did my measurements last night and started level 1 day 1 this morning. I will check back in, but I am hoping it helps me get out of my lull. I have been just about the same weight for 3 weeks. I am also riding the bike at least 3 times a week. Good luck to all of us!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    The shred helped me a lot when I was first starting out. I used heavier weights but I stuck with it and got awesome results - Keep doing it!
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Will doing this make your muscles bulky like for females or just toned?
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Musicloverx - Not bulky.

photodn.png
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hope you're taking measurements!

I took measurements this morning after 10 days of level 1 (just done level 2 tonight!) and, although I don't yet see any changes in the mirror, I'm very pleased with the measurements:-

Weight -14lbs
    Chest -2”
    Waist -2.5”
    Hips -1.5”
    Thigh -0.5”

However, I'd probably put 70% of this down to diet. I'm taking measurements at the end of every level so we'll have to see what results the next 10 days brings?
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Musicloverx - Not bulky.

photodn.png

Incredible transformation
    thanks for this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!