CONFESSION: I'm a liar!

Options
I gained allot of weight years ago. I started counting calories and working out and got help from a doctor with phentermine. I promised myself that when I got to my goal weight and was healthy I would keep it. I LIED! I did keep it off for about 3 years then allot of stuff happened and life took a terrible turn and gave me all kinds of excuses to eat junk and not work out. But the truth is I DID THIS TO MYSELF! I am here to no longer be a liar. I am here to take resposibility for what I have done to myself. I am here to be the person that I'm supposed to be and to no longer hide because of the weight.
My driver license states that my weight is 130 because thats what I was when I got it and I do not want to have the change that number and I wish to no longer be a liar!

Replies

• HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    We ALL lie to ourselves....trust me! I lie to myself every day! Food for me is better than EVERYTHING....I have a love afair with food....if I ate the way I wanted to, I think I would seriously be at least 400 lbs by now....the only reason I am not is my God given common sense...I know better, but it doesn't make me deny myself the food I love all the time...I still overindulge....weightloss is hard....the HARDEST thing I've ever done in my LIFE! And it doesn't matter how much we WANT to lose weight, food wins in the end....

But it isn't our fault....it is the FOOD....the stuff that tastes so very very good is designed down to the last molecule to want us to eat more and more and more because it tastes so freaking good!!! Right now at this second I am thinking about french fries and cheesecake.....I've been struggling for years to lose weight....and I lost 50lbs then it felt like I instantly gained back 13....I feel like **** that I did that to myself....at this point I can't blame the food....we have choices and unfortunately we don't always make the right choices....I love healthy good just as much as I love cake and fries....but when I eat the bad stuff it makes me want more and more and more and eventually the healthy stuff is left behind....

It takes so much self discipline, but one thing you CANNOT do is put yourself down...yes, we made the choice to eat the food but it isn't a death sentence....we can reverse it....before you know it you are patting yourself on the back because you passed on the burgers and said yes to the salad and chicken breast! We have to retrain ourselves....form new habits....reach for an apple intead of a french fry....

You can do this! Do not beat yourself up! Yes, we have to own up to the bad habits but we can turn it around and make good choices!
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    confronting the truth is the first step! be proud of yourself for that!

happy losing! :smile:
  • RakelD
    RakelD Posts: 2
    Options
    Dear mimilynn79 happy 4 lbs lost it is the beginning and you are not laying to your self any more good luck