Quick and easy breakfast/lunch/snack ideas. RUT

Options
I feel like I find myself in food ruts often. I have eggs, or smoothies, or a bar for breakfast, oh or cereal. Salad and soup or baked potato for lunch or sandwich and soup. Snacks very, fruit, veggies, cheese, almond butter. But I feel like other than dinner I eat the same stuff ALL the time. I think when I get into a rut I grow to be bored and that is when things seem to fall into the out of control category. So what are some ideas you have :D ? Thanks so much in advance!

Replies

• moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I like leftover's in my lunch if there are any. I change up what I eat for dinner fairly often so then I'm not having the same old same old for lunch. Breakfast for me is pretty much the same unless its my day off then I try and switch it up.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    http://www.laptoplunches.com/bento-menus-season/Fall/

This site has a lot of good lunch ideas.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I just started a food blog on here the other day called "Delicious AND Nutritious"! I only have a couple recipes on there right now, but I'll add more as I go. Like tonight I'm making Cauliflower Mac & Cheese! I'll share that because it is super delicious and soooo much better for you than box and frozen. And I feel every diet needs mac and cheese :) When I'm browsing for new recipes I just browse the internet lol I also use Pinterest for a lot of ideas, and just adapt the recipes to make them healthier!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    avacado mashed with hard boiled egg some red oion garlic and black pepper on bread, crackers or just plain

Avacado mixed with greek yogurt and black pepper.

Tortilla, leftover meat from last nights dinner, lettuce tomato avacado.

I eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies and nuts.. that works for me too
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sound like you love Avacado as much as I do! haha It is so delicious!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I do love it..

I do not like mayo.. it's a great subsititue for mayo..

I still use mayo for devield eggs.. can't mess with that goodness.. but most others things, it has been replaced.

lol
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    For breakfast:

Put one (or two) slices of turkey deli meat in the bottom of a muffin pan, crack an egg in each, and bake for 25 min on 350*. I make a dozen at a time and have 2 for breakfast every work-day morning. I either zap them in the microwaver for 45 sec or so, or warm them up in the toaster oven when i'm not in a hurry.

If you don't have something against having veggies in your eggs (like me), you can scramble 10 eggs, add some veggies, and make little omletts for yourself.
  • avakathryn
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is peanut butter banana oatmeal:
    1/3 cup old fashioned (slow-cooking) oats in a microwavable bowl, with 2/3 cup water
    Microwave for approx. 7 minutes on 50% heat
    Stir in 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
    1/2 sliced banana
    I always add fresh berries as well, lately I've been using about 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
    If I have a sweet tooth I add a 1/2 tbsp honey
    Then I pour about 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk over the lot.... HEAVENLY! :-)
  • jrhodo
    jrhodo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    5 oz. fresh Tuna or Salmon fried with as little oil as possible over a bowl of spring greens with 6 blackberries cut in half, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil. Yum
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries
    string cheese (there are different flavors, i love jalapeno!)
    my new favorite....BEEF JERKY!!!!
    hard boiled eggs
    greek yogurt
    dannon light and fit 6oz yogurts
    banana w/peanut butter
    or apple w/peanut butter
    pepperoni slices
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Breakfast Ideas:

bacon/egg/cheese/spinach "muffins"
    bacon/egg/cheese in a ww wrap
    smoothie--milk, fruit, protein powder
    egg sandwich on english muffin
    ww waffles with pb and a sliced banana

Lunch Ideas:
    Rice bowl: chicken (rotisserie if you need to), veggies, and black beans with a bit of shredded cheese
    Salad: protein/beans/seeds or nuts/ and a light dressing or olive oil
    sandwich: endless possibilities
    leftovers
    soup/chili/stew
    oatmeal (yes for lunch) w/ a scoop of protein powder and peanut butter mixed in
  • NoDiva
    NoDiva Posts: 6
    Options
    For breakfast, half cup of Greek yogurt (2% Fage) plus whatever fresh berries I have, usually strawberries on the bottom, then the yogurt, then some blueberries on top. Then I add some chopped walnuts. It's quick to make, looks pretty, feels like a treat, and has decent amounts of calcium, protein, antioxidants and Omega 3.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    BUMP