Questions for other busty women on workout dvds...

Options
I am 5'6 and a very busty 36 F/G cup and trying to find good workout dvds that will challenge me all around without lots of jumping around, running, etc. I love the workout dvd route because they are cheap and I can do them in my home, however my chest starts to really hurt after all the bouncing around and good sports bras for my size are a bit too pricey for me right now.

I'm looking for women who are DD+ and have found good dvd programs that gave them results. What dvds worked for you? I'm about 45 pounds overweight and just can't seem to find ones that are easy to follow and exciting. I've been suggested P90X by friends but have been intimidated by it since it seems that's for people who are already pretty in shape and I'm so busy. Has that program or similar programs worked for you?

Replies

• kbodnaruk
    Options
    I don't have "results" yet -- just starting my journey. However I do the Biggest Loser Boot Camp and there are jumping jacks- but what I find MORE helpful to do (since I am a DDD) is to wear a sports bra and then I overlap with one of those sports bra tank tops, then a shirt. But today I did my C25K program and I wore my regular bra with a sports bra on top, then a shirt.
  • savyjenn
    savyjenn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have this problem...what I found that works for support is to wear at least 2 if not 3 bra's I know sounds crazy but it helps!! I wear a comfortable regular under wire bra, top it with a cheap shaping sports bra, topped with and even cheaper uni-boob sports bra...it does the trick! Sometimes I skip the uni boob...but two to three are a big help.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Invest in a really good sports bra with actual cups. It's worth the money.
  • amandarenee31
    amandarenee31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know I need a good bra but I literally have no money except a target gift card from Christmas...living with my mom and currently unemployed. Target does not carry bras in my size. I'm just asking for good workout dvd programs that are lower impact.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have this problem...what I found that works for support is to wear at least 2 if not 3 bra's I know sounds crazy but it helps!! I wear a comfortable regular under wire bra, top it with a cheap shaping sports bra, topped with and even cheaper uni-boob sports bra...it does the trick! Sometimes I skip the uni boob...but two to three are a big help.

That's what I do. It works for running too. I'm a 34E
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it'd be enough for you, but Leslie Sansone. Her videos are 'low impact, aerobics' I have the 1 mile starter, and 2 mile high calorie burner. There's also a 5 mile fat burner, you can find them on youtube for free too! :)
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Have a look at You Are Your Own Gym app and book. It's strength training rather than cardio and has easy stuff all the way up to impossible. There's very little bouncy stuff, and if there is its not sustained, or you can easily switch in a different exercise.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Most core/ pilates / yoga workouts hould be good for you. Pop pilates is a killer workout.
    Butt bible doesn't have ny jumping.

Denise austin has some old school but good workouts, alot is floor based so nomjumping at all.
    Also several tiffany rothe workouts ( i love the standing waist workout, and the chair based one)

All of these are on you tube :)

Also there are a few ballet vids too you might want to check out.

Try some and see how you go.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Ballet Body? It won't get your heart racing, but the first few times I did it, I was sore for days. I love it even though I doubt my sanity about 5 minutes in.
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 44 DD and I experience the same thing. My puppies hurt when I jump around a lot. I use Leslie sansones walk at home DVDs. Walmart has them for $10. They are great! They helped me shed 30 lbs 3 years ago. It's aerobic walking(kicks, knees lifts, arms, tummy). They are great cor just starting out. You can choose how many miles youd like to do(1-5). She has some dvds that complete a mile in 12 min and other in 14 min. Even my kids try to do it lol You could YouTube one of her videos. I believe they are on there and free. I have a bunch of them bc I like the comfort of working out in my own home.

Next project is the gym- still intimidates me and I always feel like I'm going to give myself a black eye when I start jogging!

-Rachael
  • queenlatour2004
    Options
    I am a 40F and I have had success with the C9 by Champion sports bras at Target. It's wireless, so very comfortable. And I am able to do Zumba in it without a lot of bouncing. It's not the best support bra that I've ever had, but for the price (around $15) I have been very satisfied. Hope that helps.

As far as videos...I love the Zumba dvds!! (I didn't think I would because I can't do alot of jumping around due of my knees, but I have fallen in love with them! I am able to modify most moves to minimize the jumping/bouncing. I am not the most coordinated, but I love that I can do this in the privacy of my own home. I'm even thinking about trying out an actual class now.). I also love the Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD's, especially the ones that have strength training.
  • adsaylor
    adsaylor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amanda, I just sent you an message on myfitnesspal.
  • amandarenee31
    amandarenee31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amanda, I just sent you an message on myfitnesspal.

Thank you. I'm open to suggestions/help if you'd like.
  • kasbennett
    Options
    I'm a 42II and the best ones for me are the strength training workouts. They have a bit of cardio but not the super jumpy plyo kind. I find a bunch of different things on YouTube like Tiffany Rothe, SuperherofitnessTV (yeah it's all one word on there), and others. There are soooo many to choose from on there and they are free. I'm just starting out but I've watched the videos beforehand and done quite a few and just do what works for me that doesn't make me feel like my chest will punch me in the face or rip off (sorry but that's how it can get.) Hoping with the toning and firming that they will shrink! Hope this helps and sorry about the length of this... I'll post specifics as I find different ones along the way. Oh! And if you are on FB, there is a page called The Fit Community. They have a bunch of different workout and encouragement there!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. A DVD programme will cost you more than a sports bra.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. A DVD programme will cost you more than a sports bra.

Free on you tube.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has a number of workouts that are challenging without being overly jump oriented (or the jumping is a small enough part that modifying does not totally nerf the workout).

Wearing a supportive underwire bra topped with a cheapy sports bra also helps surprisingly much.
  • annastasia_82
    annastasia_82 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Invest in a really good sports bra with actual cups. It's worth the money.

This is so true. I'm pretty busty myself and ride horses and operate a skid loader over pretty rough terraine and I've definitely found that investing in a good sports bra makes a huge difference.

Don't be intimidated by some of the work out videos that look like you need to be in shape to even get started. Do them at your own pace, and eventually you will be able to keep up without a problem.
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who does that and it works real well. She's just sick of the amount of washing she needs to do. Oh, well.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6.