You've never heard a story like mine.

Hey everyone just looking for some buddies that might have gone through something similar to me.

I was doing great with my weight loss and just got perfectly in my BMI range. But then I was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. As you might guess, I was stressed and all the weight came back plus more! It was a horrible time and I had a lot to deal with. Now I have realized to focus on the things you can control i.e my weight, rather than the things I can't i.e my brain tumor. Wish me luck! I hope all of you the best! Thanks for all the support.

Replies

• jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Hi there

I am so sorry to hear about your tumor - I had lost a lot of weight and then was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 6 years ago, between the Chemo and Steriods I gained a lot of weight during treatment. I didn't really want to diet but I still excercised and ate as clean as possible - lots of unprocessed food and very little sugar. There are quite a few folks on the site who've had cancer or have cancer and undergoing treament. I'm quite a bit older than you but friend request me if you want.

Also if you look under groups I believe there is a group of cancer surviors and those going through treatment.

I've learned from my journey it's all about the positive attitude as hard it is sometimes you have to hang in there

Good Luck!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Here's the link to the Group :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4849-cancer-survivors

there are more you just have to use the search feature
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Sorry to hear about your health issue. I pray you get well..take care of yourself and don't put any pressure on yourself.
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Now I have realized to focus on the things you can control

I love that! I wish you luck and prayers!
  • thegreatestlove
    thegreatestlove Posts: 63 Member
    I wish you well in all that you do! Stay strong and positive! <3
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member
    Thanks everyone for all the support! :)

It's very comforting knowing how people on her accept you and are going through some of the same battles. Everyone keep up the good work and I hope you the best!