A BIG change

Options
So I was sitting here looking through some old pictures on my computer and I came across this...
cody_zps7956ba30.jpg

Yuck. I was heavy on top of dating.. well let's just say someone I would have never EVER gone back too. After he dumped me (after talking about Valentine's day plans, and leaving me in the restaurant parking lot) I got super depressed. I was 20 and hadn't found anyone. Plus I was super depressed about my weight and embarrassed to even buy clothes for myself :\

Well not long after this happened, my mother, as well as my sisters, decided to join this weight loss program. I was like okay, I'll do this and help my mom and sisters. Well, I was aware that I was a little heavy.. but when I stood on the scale at the weigh-in it was 181lbs!! Totally NOT what I was expecting. Needless to say, that made me even more eager to do the program.

A few months passed by, I had lost a little bit of weight and was starting to feel better. Then out of nowhere, this guy that I met in highschool, who blew me off after a blind date, AND was dating someone in my class.. well he messaged me and wanted to hang out. Long story short? .....
644601_4648843023698_615854977_n_zps01288069.jpg

Yep!! I married him AND lost 42 lbs :) So much can change so quickly. I went from being a depressed, overweight, single girl, to a happy, healthy, married woman. I feel like I couldn't be any happier!!

Never ever EVER give up on yourself, because you never know what tomorrow... next week.. or even a few months down the line may have in store for you. I promise sticking to it is worth it!! :)

Replies

• mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Love this Amanda! you are gorgeous!!
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Great story - and great job on your transformation!!!
  • momof377
    momof377 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story - I love happy endings!! Great job!
  • FinsUpBindy
    FinsUpBindy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome job- you look look so beautiful and happy!!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Love it! Great story...and you look beautiful and happy!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous in both pics but your wedding photo is fabulous. Great ending
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Great story. You look beautiful and I love the dress.
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I was getting down on myself for making some not-so-good lunch choices and then I read your post. Thanks for the reminder to never give up on myself!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Great story!! This was the motivation I was needing!! You look absolutely amazing!!
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    really amazing, good for u x
  • Great story of success and encouragement ... thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • tiffanygordon1111
    tiffanygordon1111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome transformation!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Awesome picture too..
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are beautiful!

I was at 180 at 20 years old as well - dropped the weight (over 50lbs!), got dropped by the guy, and now just enjoying my life until I inevitably meet the right person. Great motivation!
  • ixia82
    ixia82 Posts: 7
    Options
    They could make a movie about your story... really nice! :) All the best wishes!
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My fitness journey isn't over yet, still got a little bit of work to do, but I'm not giving up!!
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Glad you found the good guy - sounds like losing the other guy is one of the best things that could happen to you!
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story! WOW!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    First let me say this...You have always been gorgeous....What a touching story....you even look happier...I Love great ending to a healthier lifestyle and life....Congrats
  • 55AngelH55
    Options
    Let's be friends, please. :) I feel like your story and mine are so similar. Except that I'm still working on the weight-loss. How long did it take you to get the 40 lb down? and how did you do it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!