Bowel prep for surgery???

Options
I'm having Laparoscopy surgey at 6am and they want my bowels empty. I drank 6oz. of Magnisium Celtrate 6 hours ago and nothing. So I drank another 4oz. about 2 hours ago and still nothing.

Are they going to cancell my surgery if I don't empty my bowel. How important is it?

Replies

• lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Try having sips of water. I knew my prep worked because when I drank water it just came straight back out the other end after a few minutes! Good luck.
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but I have no clue...but I will keep you in my prayers - good luck with your surgery.

PS: I work with doctors everyday, they tend to be arrogant... just poop all over them LOL
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    They like you to be cleaned out so that if they knick the intestines, you will not be septic from all the stool in your blood
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Don't be surprised if you get a rude awakening during the middle of the night to run to the bathroom! I had to take that stuff and it took my body the whole night before I saw anything. I drank alot of water in the meantime. It just depends on your body and how much gunk you have stored and what you ate. Just drink alot of water as you will lose alot of it when it finally decided to present itself. Other than that..good luck on your surgery.
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say my prayers are with you through your sugery:flowerforyou: G-Luck
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    I would suggest calling your doctor and asking them. They may give you a way to jump start it...or ease your worries.

Good luck tomorrow! I hope it's nothing serious.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    It depends what Lap surgery you are having. Just give the office a call to make them aware, depending on the procedure you may be worrying about nothing.