Just getting started with this

Options
Just wondering how everyone else is doing with results..just started MFP and I'm going by the calorie intake and watching portion amounts..have you cut out certain things to see better results or do you get results either way because your going by the calorie intake? Just curious..I'm actually under what I'm suppose to have each day and hopefully that will be ok..Ok well any input would help..thanks!

Replies

• jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eat mainly healthy food in as close to natural state as possible, eat less calories than you burn (but eat a decent amount each day) move more and you wil weigh less and get fitter. It takes time so allow yourself some less healthy food that you love but in moderation or you will be very bored with your diet. Factor in/plan eating out or at family/friends houses and make sensible choices while you are there. Log everything on mfp and then you can see if you are eating a balanced diet.
    I have dropped 27 lbs since August, can now run for 30 minutes thanks to the C25k program and feel a whole heap better. I have 1500 calories a day as suggested by mfp and my diet isn't perfect but it is better than it was almost 2 stones ago. About 10 -15 lbs still left and it will take a few more months, but that is ok. I plan to keep on running!
    This is for the long haul, not a quick fix :wink:
  • candle082
    Options
    thanks! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!