100 Pushups Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I hope it's not too late to join yall! I really need to whip my upper body into shape!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I hope it's not too late to join yall! I really need to whip my upper body into shape!

Join any time! Welcome.
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    Day 3 Week 1, maxed at 15 today. Don't know why it was harder for me today than two days ago, but oh well.
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    This really works!!!! Guys, I completed it a few weeks back and have kept going because I feel so energized whenever I crank them out now. It's so addictive that I'm planning on doing a new weeks worth every day next week and finishing on the 100 on Sunday - my initial test wasnt impressive at all btw.

Thought I might share a couple of thoughts, hints, and tips just you you guys know whats in store for you - I guess that's the MFP way?

OK here goes -

1 / Don't focus on the 100, just worry about the day and the week. The 100 will take care of itself when the time comes and is actually not that difficult when the time comes.

2 / If you find a week tough, repeat it and you will be amazed at how much stronger you are. I had a wobble in week 4 and then killed it the next week and was SOOO glad I didnt quit or attempt week 5, fail and quit then

3 / The hardest thing probably the psychological aspect. Thats why you should never think of a hundred when 30 feels tough as it is. Dont give up, the actual exercise is never as bad as the worry about the step up in weeks.

4 / It becomes partially anaerobic after a while - you're not losing strength the whole time and definitely recover as you work out

5 / Break it down in your head, 30 is 3 sets of ten as you count, 100 is only 10 then 10 then 10 etc. That worked for me as once I hit numbers where i felt in deep water, it kinda freaked me out...

6 / Get a good workout tape that you associate with the exercise - it pushes you along. For me, Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas and Soulja Boy Travis barker remix got me over the line a couple of times ;-)

7 / Dont do it on a full stomach.

8 / If a day feels good, do it again later - recovery time is quick and it makes the next one easier somehow. If you arent feeling great about your prospects, repeat an earlier day after your actual day and it'll remind you how far you've come.

Hope this helps!

All the best guys, i hope you all stick at it......

KW
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and tips! My boyfriend did this a year ago or so (before I knew him) and says that he made it through all 100 too.

What's up next for you? The 100 burpee challenge. :tongue:
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm a little late, but i"m in! I'm starting in column 2.
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    haha. 50 chin ups maybe,.. today i'm trying to do 500 pressups, 300 down so far then i might even treat myself to a beer after work. Well done for starting the thread!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Funny but on my Wii fit plus it has a pushup challenge (pushups with a 3--5 second hold at the top) the first time I did it the Wii quit after 10, the second time after 20 the 3rd time (i'm thinking I can do 30) but it does not quite till you hit 100 (almost killed me)
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you've had a good weekend. I just did Day 4 (Week 2, Day 1) and maxed at 25 pushups.
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Only today has the top of my boobs stopped hurting from these darned pushups!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Last week I attempted to start, posted everything and it did not post. So then I decided that I would officially start on a Monday. So Tuesday morning, I am posting my results.
    Wk1 DY1: maxed out at 14 push=ups. For my 60 second breaks I walked around preparing my gym bag for the following morning. I don't think I took too much time.
    Sassydot, what day are you on now?
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    I'll be starting my week 2 tomorrow - we will see if any improvement!
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started this yesterday.... he makes sure I do the real man pushups where my chest touches the ground... this means it will take me much longer to get to 100 lol.... but at least I will be doing the real thing... I might even try doing it everyday if I remember just cause I like push ups! Good luck to everyone!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Wk1 Day 2: I was only able to max out at 16 (working in column 3). I am not upset with myself because it was after I worked out on the treadmill for 20 mins and while I was holding a conversation with a friend. I am actually proud of myself, because I remember the numbers that I had to do for each set.
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been a bit lax on keeping this updated. I did week 3, day 2 yesterday and I did 25 on toes and 5 on knees.