What is your weirdest healthy snack?

Options
Mine has to be peperoncinis and a glass of milk (to put out the fire in my mouth). Most people think its gross, but I find this combo pretty delicious. Tough on sodium counts, but stops any other cravings in their tracks - and some liquid protein to boot!

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Well, today I had a can of tuna for a snack. As food goes it's not weird, but I rarely see people just eating cans of tuna, so I guess it's a little abnormal.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    carrots with peanut butter
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lemon flavoured Greek yogurt topped with a banana and shredded coconut..makes me feel like I'm on vacation!
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Lemon flavoured Greek yogurt topped with a banana and shredded coconut..makes me feel like I'm on vacation!

I have GOT to try this. Sounds amazing!
  • EmHorn4
    EmHorn4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I have GOT to try this. Sounds amazing!

Agreed!!!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be peperoncinis and a glass of milk (to put out the fire in my mouth). Most people think its gross, but I find this combo pretty delicious. Tough on sodium counts, but stops any other cravings in their tracks - and some liquid protein to boot!

Egg whites and peanut butter
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers and salsa. To me it makes perfect sense, but people always make comments and look at me funny. But it's super good.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit! I like to layer (in this order!) 1) frozen peaches 2) frozen cherries 3) frozen blueberries. I let it sit for about 15 minutes so the fruit will thaw a little, and the juices from the cherries runs down onto the peaches and makes it extra good! I am eating it right now in fact!
  • megamay79
    megamay79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    vanilla greek yogurt with a spoonful of pomegranate seeds and a spoonful of granola
  • toludc
    toludc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    quinoa cup cakes!

little bites that taste like pizza (i add chopped peppers, homemade pizza sauce, crumbled feta and basil) and bake them in a cup cake tray. About 30kcals each, they are high protein and a couple staves off hunger for ages. Keep in the fridge for three days too
  • EmHorn4
    Options

Egg whites and peanut butter

Cooked egg whites? with peanut butter smeared on it like an omelet filler? I'm trying to imagine this :)
    Options
    Cucumbers and salsa. To me it makes perfect sense, but people always make comments and look at me funny. But it's super good.

THIS sounds perfect! I love salsa! And we all know the chips are really just a vehicle for the salsa anyway! Why not replace them with vegetables?
  • EmHorn4
    Options

THIS sounds perfect! I love salsa! And we all know the chips are really just a vehicle for the salsa anyway! Why not replace them with vegetables?

Agreed! I might try this one out....sounds yummy
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    chicken and water... blended
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin, vanilla greek yogurt, cinnamon---> blender. It's like a pumpkin pie smoothie. Add protein powder for extra... protein. Maybe not so weird but definitely good.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    quinoa cup cakes!

little bites that taste like pizza (i add chopped peppers, homemade pizza sauce, crumbled feta and basil) and bake them in a cup cake tray. About 30kcals each, they are high protein and a couple staves off hunger for ages. Keep in the fridge for three days too

Gotta try this!! Actually sounds amazing!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    People at work are fascinated by my coconut chia pudding. Never fails to elicit the response "you mean like ch-ch-ch chia? like a chia pet?"

1/4c almond milk, 1/4c coconut milk, 1T chia seeds, 1/2T shredded coconut, 1t honey. Shake/mix and refrigerate overnight.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin, vanilla greek yogurt, cinnamon---> blender. It's like a pumpkin pie smoothie. Add protein powder for extra... protein. Maybe not so weird but definitely good.

That sounds so yummy!! I love pumpkin pie - I'm shopping for this stuff tomorrow.
    Options
    Also, I like to stick a cup of yougurt in the freezer until it's "crispy frozen". I always make sure I get the yogurt that is free of HFCS though!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    carrots with peanut butter

Haha my mom used to give me that as a snack when I was a kid. And you know what- I still like it! Also carrots go great with a peanut butter sandwich- a much better combo than chips!