What do you do at a zumbathon?

Options
I saw there is one coming up along with a health fair and I am interested. I love Zumba and think I could do a Zumbathon. It says its from 8 in the morning till midnight and I no its a -thon but are you really doing Zumba all that time what happens if you get hungry or have to pee do you just jump in and out when you want to? Curious how this works

Replies

• tekeyla25
    Options
    bump
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba instructor, but never been to one of these events. I believe there are several different instructors at different points thoughout. I'm sure you can start and stop as needed and do what you can. I promise you - no one can Zumba for that long! If you go, please post updates about your experience.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The zumbathon I participated in was 4 hours long fund raiser. Instructors volunteered their time. Sessions were any where from 15 to 60 min. Zumba Gold, Original Zumba, Zumba toning, & the kid version of zumba. There were breaks between classes to have water, refreshments, talk with instructors, information about classes in the area, other types of Zumba such as water aerobics not being offered that day. Lots of fun, do what you can, just as in a class need water drink water, need to modify due to injuries etc do so ,just keep moving if that means marching in place. Check it out. There must be a phone # you can call for questions for the one your considering. Also check out zumba.com for what classes or version of zumba is available in your area. I go to my local community center $5 to drop in a class or pay by the month which works out to $4 a class. Some class are as high as $12 a class. The instructor is the key to the class. Each have there own energy they bring to the class & some are just brutal like Jullian on biggest loser.Find one you like. Great way to meet people & have fun..