Have you lost eating 1200 calories?

Options
That's it! Just want to know who has lost eating 1200 calories and how long has it taken you to lose following this calorie allotment! THANKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Replies

• kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm eating ~1200/day ... some days a little less. First week I lost 1.8 pounds and I hadn't started exercising yet. Good luck!!
  • cm196250
    Options
    DO YOU EXTERCISE ANY LIKE GO TO THE GYM ?:happy:
  • wvtrap
    wvtrap Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat ~1200 calories a day and have lost almost 42lbs since Thanksgiving.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If it works for you great but I figured out my tdee -20% (mine is 3000 cals) and been losing 1-3 pounds a week.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I lose about 1/2 lb a week eating 1200 calories a day and I have been eating some of my exercise calories back from time to time. I think that someone with more to lose might lose at a higher rate. I have about 18 to lose in order to get back to a healthy BMI. No problem here with the mere 1/2 lb a week though, I've done it the fast way and it's doesn't stay off.
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I started 1200 cal a day and am down 30 lbs since November 12th. I'm trying to get 1400 now because I was concerned my body would go into starvation mode.
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day, and i lost 7lbs in the first week, and 4lbs last week.
    I do have over 100 to lose in total, but i think that's a pretty good start.
    And i only exercised 1 day in those 2 weeks.
    Done a bit more this week though.
    I'm still getting 3 meals and 2 snacks a day though :)
    x
  • suzmathew
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day, generally under, but I'm not really losing anything (lost 1lb in 10 days) I'm exercising too. Do I need to up my calories? (finding it difficult to go over 1200 unless I eat lots of the bad stuff), tend to only eat if I'm hungry. How do I increase my loss?
  • suzmathew
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day, generally under, but I'm not really losing anything (lost 1lb in 10 days) I'm exercising too. Do I need to up my calories? (finding it difficult to go over 1200 unless I eat lots of the bad stuff), tend to only eat if I'm hungry. How do I increase my loss?
  • pizzicatomama
    pizzicatomama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I workout 3 times a week, I do not "usually" eat back my calories burned, and I eat 1200 calories a day and I have lost and kept off 32 pounds since July.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options

For myself personally I don't lose on 1200 calories. I stall and don't go anywhere. My BMR is 1395 and I eat 1400 + some exercise cals back and I'm losing a little over a lb a week normally.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I eat ~1200 calories a day and have lost almost 42lbs since Thanksgiving.

are you serious?
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    When I first started, MFP said I should eat only 1200 and I lost weight. Then it plateaued. For 6 weeks. As I did more research, both here on the boards and other exercise sites, I found a calculator that was more accurate and helpful in losing weight based upon my TDEE and goals set and realized I needed to eat more to lose. Since then I'm losing again...slower than before, but that's because I'm only 7lbs from my goal weight. Long term, I don't recommend a 1200 calorie diet.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/799358-my-personal-quest-on-1200-calories
    Yes I lost on 1200, but it not sustainable for a long period of time.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am 1200-1300 and eat 50% of my exercise calories, I have lost 2.3 pounds on average for 16 weeks, slowed down over the last 3 weeks (holidays) but right back on track this week. I exercise 6 days a week.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    DO YOU EXTERCISE ANY LIKE GO TO THE GYM ?:happy:

tumblr_inline_mgcb2i9M0B1qdn14l.gif
  • SGocka
    SGocka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost 172 pounds on 1200 calories a day.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    look at my ticker :smile:

I started counting calories back in april, so about 9 months.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am, and have been since I began on 3/12/12. My ticker shows that it is working for me. I only began exercising in October. I am getting in 1/2 hour on an eliptical M-F, and walk (brisk pace) for 1 hour on Sat & Sun, with wrist weights. I am 61 years old.