Lost weight and inches, but clothes are tighter?

Options
chevy88grl
chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
This doesn't make ANY sense to me.

I've lost 3lbs and I've lost inches -- yet, my clothes (that fit a couple weeks ago before the losses) are tighter?

What the heck is going on?!

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I would think it's a bit of water weight. You may just be a little swollen>
  • pizzygirltx
    pizzygirltx Posts: 96
    Options
    Either A, the weight that you still have is redistributing or B. you shrunk your clothes in the wash. I personally like to go with option B. :)
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Heavy workouts? I gained 4 lbs over the weekend from 16 hrs of house painting. My muscles hurt so so bad. I drank a bunch of water and the next day it was gone. Swollen muscles can retain water and either cause weight gain or tighter close.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Maybe too much dryer for the clothes? I love it when I put jeans and a t-shirt in the dryer and they look like capris and a sports bra when they come out....... fun stuff!
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    I don't think it is water weight as my weight is down. I don't feel swollen either. But, these jeans are TIGHT and this shirt looks like a Barbie should be wearing it. I swear these fit me 2 weeks ago.

Funny part? I was excited to wear something besides work clothes because I've lost 3lbs AND I lost a half inch off my waist - which may not seem like much, but I was really happy. Now, I'm just down because these dang clothes are squeezing me. Gr.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Dryer problems?
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    is it your time of the month???
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    is it your time of the month???

No, it isn't.
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Try on a different outfit!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Just blame it on your dryer and be happy you are making progress. Maybe it is your MUSCLES busting out girl! Get happy! :)
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    Try on a different outfit!

These are the only jeans I have....
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    Well, I tried on a pair of jeans that I have that are a size 6 (jeans I had on were 8's) and the 6's still fit in the waist - which is where the 8's were squeezing me (I won't wear the 6's in public because I don't like how they fit my thunder thighs). I did what I had to do and looked in the back of our closet -- found a pair of my boyfriend's 32/30 jeans that he doesn't wear anymore. They are a little loose in the waist, but fit almost perfectly. Go me. Wait til he gets home and I tell him I'm wearing his pants... lol.
  • northernnative33
    northernnative33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem today..i lost 15 lbs....and i seen results ....my clothes fit and were loose...but today...i didnt gain wieght and was faithful..but my mid section is huge....my coat doesnt fit....my gutt hangs out more....i dont get it.
  • northernnative33
    northernnative33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    well that's good....just hang on and wait....that means its going to drop within 2-3 weeks..if you keep up the hard work......for real.