considering it's nerd day, any other chess nerds out there?

Options
n0ob
n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
I'm not a master or anything, but I carry a 1700+ rating on yahoo.

It seriously got me through writing my dissertation.

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm a Chest Nerd. Not the same thing, but it's pretty cool anyway.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    what is chess?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Is chess that game my Grandpa plays?
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Chess nerd here!!! :D
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I wish i had someone to play chess with. Or did i mean i wish i had someones chest to play with??? LOL
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I was in the chess club in highschool. I'm not very good at all, it was just a fun way to get students from different cliques together and get to know each other. I actually still have and wear my chess club tshirt from my senior year, it has Harry Potter on it <3
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I play chess with people as my pawns.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I was in the chess club in highschool. I'm not very good at all, it was just a fun way to get students from different cliques together and get to know each other. I actually still have and wear my chess club tshirt from my senior year, it has Harry Potter on it <3

I was on my high school's quiz bowl team (also was an all-state football player though, so not 100% nerd).
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Currently president of my local chess club, though that is a frequent topic of debate. If you want someone to play, try chess.com.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I used to be. So much so that I spent several days looking at HALs game in 2001 to see the mistake he had made then reverse calculate variation. I collected books that had chess as a pivotal theme and my daughters know enough to play intelligently.

Gave it up when the machines took over. Been preparing for the machine war ever since, in my mom's basement.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    best-photos-of-the-week-thechive-231_zpsc311e66c.jpg