Hi, I'm new.....please work!!!

Options
Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 33 year old mother of 3 ( 10, 6 and 2). For the last 10 years, I have been dieting the wrong way trying to lose the baby weight. All this time, I've known how to do it but just didn't have the patience. I can't believe how much time I've wasted!!! I married my high school sweetheart and he's always telling me how great I look no matter what. I know deep inside he would love to have me back the way he met me at 115 lbs even though he would never admit it. I really am doing this for myself because I've been a little depressed about my weight this whole time and I want to improve my self confidence. I started MFP 2 weeks ago today and I have lost 6 lbs. I hope I can do it this time. I used to have OCD with the scale and now I am limiting myself to once a week. I started at 168 and by goal is 125. Wish me luck!!!

Replies

• DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it. The FIRST thing you must remember is that it won't happen in 2,4,6 weeks. It takes time and that's ok. As long as you see a gradual drop you are on the right track. Just never forget that losing weight slowly is the healthy way to go about it. Also, losing weight slowly will help you maintain and keep it off. Don't give up and be patient!
  • mariyumm
    mariyumm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI !! and it will work.. one day at a time one meal at a time... before you eat type in what you are going to eat so you can switch things up to make it work for you

I have lost 6lbs also!!! .... last time i did the calorie counting thing I lost 45lbs and I know it works.. now im working on losing 25lbs...
    i did stop working out and eating fast food more and all that discouraged me.

Now im back! .. You will do it just one step at a time!
  • cildawg1
    cildawg1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Good luck to you. I'm a newbie also and I absolutely LOVE THIS SITE!!! I've given the web address to my children. Just take your time and the weight will come off. Also, remember that you're a beautiful girl anyway. You really are. But I understand that it's important to take it off when it's not so much, or you'll end up with 100 pounds to lose. Good luck on your journey.
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You obviously picked a wonderful site to join. I've loved every bit of this site and all the people here. Everyone is 100% supportive and motivating. I am certain you will have success and a little bit of fun while you're here. I wish all the best in reaching your goals. You already look beautiful from your pic....but hey everyone can always get a little bit more beautiful. :wink: Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome aboard. The tools here will help you keep track of stuff, helping you to eat less and move more. That works, and it's the only thing that does.

You can do it, and you will. :-)
  • jlo7
    jlo7 Posts: 45
    Options
    You can totally do it. The FIRST thing you must remember is that it won't happen in 2,4,6 weeks. It takes time and that's ok. As long as you see a gradual drop you are on the right track. Just never forget that losing weight slowly is the healthy way to go about it. Also, losing weight slowly will help you maintain and keep it off. Don't give up and be patient!
  • jlo7
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support! I know it will take many months and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to all of you on your weight loss journeys!
  • jlo7
    Options
    Good luck to you. I'm a newbie also and I absolutely LOVE THIS SITE!!! I've given the web address to my children. Just take your time and the weight will come off. Also, remember that you're a beautiful girl anyway. You really are. But I understand that it's important to take it off when it's not so much, or you'll end up with 100 pounds to lose. Good luck on your journey.
    [/quote

Thank You! You're so very sweet! I would really love to feel beautiful again- right now I just don't see it. The picture I posted is pretty much what I look like now. The day will come. Good luck to you!
  • jlo7
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how to write back to people.
  • jlo7
    Options
    HI !! and it will work.. one day at a time one meal at a time... before you eat type in what you are going to eat so you can switch things up to make it work for you

I have lost 6lbs also!!! .... last time i did the calorie counting thing I lost 45lbs and I know it works.. now im working on losing 25lbs...
    i did stop working out and eating fast food more and all that discouraged me.

Now im back! .. You will do it just one step at a time!
  • jlo7
    Options
    That's a good idea. It's crazy how may calories are in fast food- even Taco Bell- I never knew until I started using MFP. Good Luck!