ARGGGGGG

Options
OMG! I have been doing it wrong. I know there was something not right so I double check and my diet was no where near what my body needs and I think I accidently put myself into starvation mode.....Damn I was working my butt off. I guess I have to try again and hopefully didn't kill my diet to bad.

Replies

• fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    What was the problem?
  • Bearsy08
    Bearsy08 Posts: 16
    Options
    I had my daily calories at 1200. I lost weight really fast at the beginning and the last few weeks I have been stuck. I have been working my butt off and eating very well. I should have known better I am in reality supposed to be eating 1600. I am really mad at myself. I am really hoping that I don't put on any weight now that I have fixed my diet to where it needs to be.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you right now that you WILL gain weight initially by bumping up your calories to where it's supposed to be. That's because your body will horde the extra food it was "deprived of". Once it gets used to the fact that you'll feed it more and more often, the weight will come off again. It may take a week or two, but it will come off. I just wanted to tell you this up front so you don't get discouraged. Just know it will happen because it's supposed to happen to get your body back to where it should be. Then it's not so bad :smile:

Read the article in this post, especially the part iwth the Discouraging Start heading. It will explain this all in more (better) detail:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing?hl=700+calories
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, girly!! :happy: We all hit brick walls - for all different reasons - and we just gotta make some minor changes and get back on that horse & ride it!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I had my daily calories at 1200. I lost weight really fast at the beginning and the last few weeks I have been stuck. I have been working my butt off and eating very well. I should have known better I am in reality supposed to be eating 1600. I am really mad at myself. I am really hoping that I don't put on any weight now that I have fixed my diet to where it needs to be.

Don't be mad at yourself! "When we know better, we do better."

I'm glad you figured out the problem and decided to up your intake. Some people refuse to believe that they need to EAT more and they drop their calories down even further and/or up their workouts even more. Disaster waiting to happen.
  • Bearsy08
    Bearsy08 Posts: 16
    Options
    I really hope I don't gain a lot. I will have to go double time with the workouts until my body gets used to it.