Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

loose skin

Hi I was wondering if anyone could somewhat estimate if I will have loose skin or not.

I'm 20 and have been chubby my whole life. But became obese between ages 17 and 18. My highest weight was 200 lbs and lowest being 135. I have a binge eating disorder with purging and I'm now 165 lbs.

Admittedly I'm terrified of loose skin. I hate my body enough already (though I am seeking help it's made me suicidal) luckily I have 0 stretchmarks, never tan, etc.

I'm 5'3 and a woman.

Replies

• Seek profession help.
  • Seek profession help.

not very good at reading are we.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Slow weight loss minimizes it. You are very young, which makes it less likely. It's partly heredity. Ask your female relatives if they had any problem with it after they gave birth. If they went back to normal without skin flaps, you probably will be able to lose without loose skin, as you'll lose over your whole body, not just your belly.
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    I think skin elasticity decreases with age, but at your age it should not be a problem. Usually after we hit our mid 40ish.. But yes, also depends on heredity and the amount of weight you loose and how fast you loose it. Gradual loss shouldn't be bad on your skin. Have you consulted a doctor on weight loss?

Ahh.. nxd10 hit reply faster than me.. Pretty much ditto! :)