Wont try on wedding dresses until I loose 15 lbs!

Options
I just got engaged at christmas. I made a deal that I wouldnt try on wedding dresses until I loose 15lbs. I am down 2 so 12 to go!

Replies

• Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • bookangel89
    bookangel89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds myself at the beginning of 2012 before I went wedding dress shopping. I felt great and every time I hopped on the elliptical or treadmill I kept envisioning the dress I wanted (which I didn't wind up liking lol but that is besides the point).

I was able to maintain that weight but now I am really looking to lose more. I'm getting married in June. Feel free to add me if you want someone to help motivate you.
  • junctiongirl
    junctiongirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    the weight isnt coming off as quickly as it used to! I hate getting older! Seems like I'm always taking 1 step forward and 2 backwards.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds myself at the beginning of 2012 before I went wedding dress shopping. I felt great and every time I hopped on the elliptical or treadmill I kept envisioning the dress I wanted (which I didn't wind up liking lol but that is besides the point).

I was able to maintain that weight but now I am really looking to lose more. I'm getting married in June. Feel free to add me if you want someone to help motivate you.

Great idea- Have visual motivation! The best part about dress shopping after losing weight was that everything looked good on me. Definitely a first!

Congratulations on your engagement!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • imdaisy20
    Options
    I am doing the exact same thing. I got engaged just before Christmas and still haven't tried anything on. Before engagement I thought that would be the very first thing I did since that's what most women do. I refuse to try something on until I'm comfortable in my own skin. Best of Luck you to!! You will look beautiful <3
  • junctiongirl
    junctiongirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Soooo, I havent made it to my goal yet, but a friend has harrassed me into trying on dresses next week and only because she is also trying on dresses and the shop it pretty far away. I am hoping that it will just inspire me, I am feeling pretty motivated right now, but not fitting into samples might just help with that...I am hoping the sample size isnt tooo tiny!

Either way I still have a whole week to focus and work hard before I get there, or change my mind!
  • esevas
    esevas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs, to try on wedding dresses then put the weight all back on (I made the mistake of thinking I was done with healthy living once i hit my goal weight)! I bought a beautiful one that was a little spacious at the time and now I can't zip it up. My new goal is to lose 10-20 lbs until I try on that dress again!