Did anyone notice...?

Options
that when you read a topic a lot of the time key words in the topic determine the add that they put up to the right. I didn't realize the ads were that specific. Reading the topic on Coffee, produced a bean add at the right hand side, weight loss of course put up a weight type ad, Lawnmowing, a craftsman lawnmower ad. LOL. I donno how long it's been like that but I just thought it was interesting. I usually pay NO attention to ads but for some reason it stuck out at me this morning reading posts.

Replies

• Pygolampida
    Options
    I actually haven't noticed because I run firefox with the adblock addon which leaves room for no annoying ads.
    May I suggest you try it?
    Unless you prefer browsing as is.
    Cheers
  • itzabug72
    itzabug72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use Firefox, how do i block adds- Thanks :)
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks, I just downloaded the ad on. Works great.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder for those that decide to run ad-blocks, the site remains free because of the ads. :wink:

Maybe I'm one of the few but am so used to them all that I rarely notice most anymore but do find some to click on that are of interest, a TV show one, some valid healthy ones and I actually rather find the shrinking woman that sometimes runs on the side and bottom inspiring as for many it's either where we came from and look to be going as far as our goals. :drinker: :wink: :laugh:

Mike uses Google for the ad deal it runs pretty much like gmail itself, it picks up keywords and then those ads will appear. If someone is really offended by a particular one in the past he's made an effort to change to other ones.

Ads pay for FREE sites:huh: :happy:
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    But if everyone blocks the ads, how will the site survive?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    But if everyone blocks the ads, how will the site survive?
    :drinker: :wink:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    that when you read a topic a lot of the time key words in the topic determine the add that they put up to the right. I didn't realize the ads were that specific. Reading the topic on Coffee, produced a bean add at the right hand side, weight loss of course put up a weight type ad, Lawnmowing, a craftsman lawnmower ad. LOL. I donno how long it's been like that but I just thought it was interesting. I usually pay NO attention to ads but for some reason it stuck out at me this morning reading posts.

I actually have noticed that! :laugh:
  • bleedingdreamer
    Options
    I never noticed