Anyone in their 50's or 60's

Options
Hubby and I are both 59, at least for a few more months. We decided two years ago to lose some weight. I lost 15 pounds the first year, mostly by changing my eating habits. I lost another 7 pounds last year. We recently joined an athletic club in the hopes that participating in a group setting we would stay on track. This is the year I would like to get serious about losing weight and eating healthy. I had a meeting today with the nutritionist/trainer at the club and was amazed at what she say healthy eating actually is. I am just over 200 pounds and want to get down to 155.

Is there anyone out there in my age range that is interested in being friends? We can help each other get to our healthy weight goals?

Cheri

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Age 59; lost 19 pounds in 4 years. Gah! I really want to accelerate that this year! Sending friend request.
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I believe I am a potential match to your criteria. Please read profile before acting past results are no guarantee of future behavior all other offers null and void. This is my second time on MFP and I am 8 days into it. Got up to 250 days the last time....

Thank you for your consideration.
  • kayaem
    kayaem Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 59 and just joined MFP. I have been working out since July 29, 2012 and have lost 28 lbs so far. My hubby and I joined a gym and attend a small group fitness session 3x week. Getting stronger. I have about 30 lbs left to lose and seemed to have hit a wall - maybe because it is Jan and I hate Jan!
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 57, hate January, and have sent a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I will be 55 next month, joined this site right after Thanksgiving, have learned so much already! Today I just packed up all my XL clothes to donate, since I can fit into Larges now! Best wishes to you in your journey, and I have sent a friend request.
  • bradmc39
    Options
    I am 52 and have joined this sight yesterday. I had gastric sleeve surgery Dec 11th and this sight is great. I need to track what I eat. Love it
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This site is great for support. I am 54 and have lost 65 lbs since last March and still have another 20-30 lbs to go. I will send you a friend request. If anyone would like to friend me just send me a request and tell me something about yourself.