Mashed Cauliflower

Options
Does anyone have a fantastic recipe for mashed cauliflower that I can basically trick my family into eating in lieu of mashed potatoes? (Just FYI: we have an onion allergy in the house).

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    This one is good, you can use regular milk, don't need buttermilk, I also add in a wedge of Laughing Cow light blue cheese, it adds a little creaminess to it.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/creamy-cauliflower-puree.html
  • avakathryn
    Options
    I make a super easy garlic mashed cauliflower that my husband LOVES:
    Chop a whole head of cauliflower
    Smash 3 garlic cloves
    Put cauliflower and garlic in pot with about 2 inches of water (not too much water or the cauliflower soaks up too much)
    Boil for about 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is so soft it falls apart
    Strain thouroughly
    Pop in a food processer with approx 1 tbsp. olive oil and a raw clove of garlic (minced) - You can also mash with a hand masher if you like a lumpier consistency for your "potatoes"
    Process until it is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste - seasoning is VERY important with mashed cauliflower

Enjoy! :-)
  • kristanb05
    Options
    I make a super easy garlic mashed cauliflower that my husband LOVES:
    Chop a whole head of cauliflower
    Smash 3 garlic cloves
    Put cauliflower and garlic in pot with about 2 inches of water (not too much water or the cauliflower soaks up too much)
    Boil for about 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is so soft it falls apart
    Strain thouroughly
    Pop in a food processer with approx 1 tbsp. olive oil and a raw clove of garlic (minced) - You can also mash with a hand masher if you like a lumpier consistency for your "potatoes"
    Process until it is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste - seasoning is VERY important with mashed cauliflower

Enjoy! :-)

I do one that's similar... adding whatever particular spices/seasonings will pair best with the main dish.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I mashed in some bolthouse farms yogurt ranch in with mine - so creamy and delicious
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had mashed cauliflower that was a mixture of cauliflower and potato tasted like mashed potatoes.