The tastiest, simplest and nutritious chicken ever (IMO)

Options
I'm no chef, but wanted to share this with you because I think it is amazzzing.

Recipe is so simple. First off, the ingredients:

1 chicken breast, skin off
2 tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese
2-3 teaspoons of cajun spice/seasoning

Method:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180degrees celcius (fan forced).
2. Cut a 'pouch' into your chicken breast, making sure both sides are of even thickness.
3. Mix together the 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese, and 2-3 teaspoons of cajun seasoning, depending on how spicey you'd like it, and stuff it evenly into the pouch.
4. Wrap the chicken breast snuggly with aluminium foil and place in the oven.
5. After 10-15 minutes, take it out and rotate the chicken onto the other side, leaving it to bake for another 10 minutes.
6. EAT :love: serve with salad, vegies, or my favourite, sweet potato fries.

Nutritional info as follows (for a WHOLE chicken breast)

15yxizd.png

Note: The foil wrap here is very important as it locks in the chicken's roasting juices. No one likes bland chicken :tongue:

Replies

• archie1964
    archie1964 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I'll give it ago tomorrow for lunch :)
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    Let me know how it goes :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    great idea.

I tend to eat cottage cheese by the tub full so I'll have to use a bit for the chicken next time :smile:
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    I'm sure there are less calories in a single breast than 284, but I might be wrong :flowerforyou:
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    great idea.

I tend to eat cottage cheese by the tub full so I'll have to use a bit for the chicken next time :smile:

I like cottage cheese, but not THAT much on it's own Chris ! hahaha :laugh:
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    I'm sure there are less calories in a single breast than 284, but I might be wrong :flowerforyou:

I think so also, MFP must generate the cals from a larger sized one. Single chicken breasts from Woolworths are almost double the size of the petty ones I bought from Coles today :S
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I think so also, MFP must generate the cals from a larger sized one. Single chicken breasts from Woolworths are almost double the size of the petty ones I bought from Coles today :S

Funny. I was going to say just the opposite. I use 420 cals for a breast. 35 calories per ounce, 12 ounces. I guess I get big breasts (too easy :laugh: ) .
  • kristanb05
    Options
    bump! Thanks for this idea!
  • solbchgal
    Options
    Sounds good! Always looking for new ways to cook chicken.
  • RaViCa
    RaViCa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thanks for the sugestion.
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    :smile: