Question of the day!

Options
Single box breakfast cereals in the morning, healthy or not??

Replies

• allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I guess it just all depends on the cereal. All of those boxes have the nutritional info on the side, don't they?
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    It still depends on the cereal inside...sorry!:blushing:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Great list to have! Glad to know I don't eat anything off the worst list!! :happy: I stick to the organic aisle for my cereal.
  • ilovehkn
    ilovehkn Posts: 57
    Options
    okay example, most of them are 100 - 180 calories, i get the variety packs for a quick snack or breakfast when i am in a rush. Corn Pops, Fruit Loops, Cocoa Krispies.
  • ilovehkn
    Options
    thanks mom2cadence for the list!!
  • jclemens
    jclemens Posts: 7
    Options
    It does depend on the cereal, but the good thing is that it is a single serving. It gives you a good idea what a single serving looks like.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Funny - i was just reading about cereal on yahoos home page - one of those "eat this, not that" Def depends on the cereal. here's the article:

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/50831/best-amp-worst-breakfast-cereals/

Some that i thought wouldn't be sa bad, are horrible!!
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    okay example, most of them are 100 - 180 calories, i get the variety packs for a quick snack or breakfast when i am in a rush. Corn Pops, Fruit Loops, Cocoa Krispies.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options

In my opinion, none of these are healthy choices. My cereal is 120 calories a serving and with my 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, brings my calories to 140 for a bowl of cereal. 180 calories with out milk seems a bit high. Corn Pops, Fruit Loops and Cocoa Krispies all sound full of calories and sugar. I would definitely find something like Special K and add bananas, Life or something organic. Hope this helps!! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    UGH!!!! Nothing will post for me today.
  • ilovehkn
    Options
    thanks guys!