Hi, I'm new

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site (just go on 3 days ago). So much great information and wonderful motivation. I have a question. How often am I supposed to weigh myself. Every day or once a week. I had my daugher hide the scale last night because I noticed that I would get up in the middle of the night to weigh myself. Anyway, thank you,
Min

Replies

• lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you're "supposed" to weigh yourself whenever you want to but it's easy to become obsessive about it. I try to stick to once or twice a week.
  • justjenny1
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. I started on Tuesday. I think this site is great! I weigh myself today and found I lost one pound! Well, then I went out to lunch with my co-workers and ate wwwaaayyy too much. Now I only have 400 calories for dinner and snack. Oh well. That's what I get for being greedy!
    I don't have a pic. At first I thought that was my picture. You know; the advertisement on the right side of our screen? But then I realized she has blond hair. AND she gets skinny......fast. Still the body from the neck down is uncanny!
    Good luck.
    Jenny
  • Chuck1223
    Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. :flowerforyou: I weigh myself one a week same time, same day.
  • jclemens
    jclemens Posts: 7
    Options
    Choose one day each week to weigh in. I choose Monday morning. Always weigh the same time of day. Mornings just when you get up is best. And strip. Some people weigh in with clothes and then say "I'll just subtract 2 pounds for the clothes". No guessing games, no clothes.
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this site (just go on 3 days ago). So much great information and wonderful motivation. I have a question. How often am I supposed to weigh myself. Every day or once a week. I had my daugher hide the scale last night because I noticed that I would get up in the middle of the night to weigh myself. Anyway, thank you,
    Min

Basic rule: Once a week, on the same day and if possible at the same time. I like to weight myself on Saturday mornings as soon as I get up.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Choose one day each week to weigh in. I choose Monday morning. Always weigh the same time of day. Mornings just when you get up is best. And strip. Some people weigh in with clothes and then say "I'll just subtract 2 pounds for the clothes". No guessing games, no clothes.
    That's what I do too; I also use the toilet first for that extra "weight loss" :laugh:

Try not to weigh during the day or night because your weight will fluctuate based on how much water you've had, what you've eaten, etc. First thing in the morning, after using the toilet and in the buff is the best way because it's the closest to be consistent as you can get with the fewest amount of variables. Once a week also gives you a better idea of how you're doing because day-to-day weighing can have the same up/downs as weighing during the day - just too many variables!
  • migallen
    migallen Posts: 13
    Options
    Ok, thank you. I will limit my weigh-ins to once a week. I don't have any friends on here yet, so please feel free to add me as I will need all the support I can get.

1023176.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options

I agree...Monday morning works for me
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I read on this site once to weigh in on Thursdays, that way you have a few days to work off the weekend. Which, weekends are so hard for me. So I ended up weighing in on Weds. Which I do like soo much better then when I weighed in on Mondays. It works for me. :smile:
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi and welcome. :flowerforyou: I weigh myself one a week same time, same day.

:drinker: Welcome... you can go crazy weighing yourself like that.........Once a week....