HONESTLY can you see a difference?

Options
This is only a month's difference, but I've been lifting for about a month or so now? I dunno. My jeans are still the same size (because of my thighs/legs) but my waist is smaller, I think. I don't measure because I'm lazy. But do YOU all see a difference?
sqkyee.jpg
30li0lf.jpg

Replies

• PumpGertrude
    Options
    I don't, but I think that's because of the way the pics are taken. Subtle differences are going to be hard to see if you're wearing baggy clothes and not positioned where your anatomy is visible. You said you aren't measuring because you're lazy, and I think that's a mistake. Measuring is certainly not harder than lifting, and it will tell you a lot. Take some good "before" photos so you'll have a tool you can truly compare and see how much your hard work is paying off, and take your measurements! It's so helpful. Good for you for lifting for this month, and keep on going!
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I definitely see it in your face! Take some clearer photos with tight clothing though, it's a little hard to see your shape.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    There was a quote I saw on the forums a few weeks back:

It takes a 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for your family and friends, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world.

I found it motivating...knowing that if I keep at it then I will see my body change, and eventually so will everyone else.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I studied both shots and I can see your face looks thinner in your cheeks with the bottom one.. you should definitely take measurements.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference in your face. Keep up the great work!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I see it in your face definitely. Your body - too hard to tell.

Suggestion though - get unlazy and start measuring. :)
  • noircurls
    Options
    I definitely notice a difference. Hello, Kassie! ;D
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I definitely notice a difference. Hello, Kassie! ;D
    Bridgieeee <3
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    definately in your face, and even maybe in your arms, its hard to tell cause of the loose clothing, maybe it you take one in the same outfit as the first pic it would be easier to tell. Im sure you have lost since your face is thinner, keep it up!!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I cannot see the difference, but the pictures aren't very telling.

Take measurements and I'm sure that will be the best indicator for yourself. Keep up the good effort! It takes time and commitment.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. I'll take some better ones this weekend
  • mullen1417
    Options
    Definitely in the face. Keep it up!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I can't, but don't be discouraged.

Maybe if your clothes were a bit more form fitting?
  • MaryMacAttack
    MaryMacAttack Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    your waist is hard to tell because of your clothing choice but i do see it in your cheeks! take some clear straight on shots in the same clothes every month. that's what i do and i can tell for sure whether my progress is visible or not :)
  • shakespearessister
    Options
    Your face and maybe arms...it's hard to tell in the waist because your shirt is loose and kinda bunched up around the waist. Definitely measure...it's not as hard as lifting ;-)
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    The clothes make it hard to tell. I hate to say, you might just have to put on some stretch pants! Take the pic in something that is form fitting. You will be able to tell much better that way!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference in your face and in your arms. That's really all I can see clearly in the picture. If you had pictures in more form-fitting clothes, head to toe, I imagine the differences would be visible in other areas, too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Honestly...........not yet.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    How do you post pictures?
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    More importantly do YOU feel or notice a difference? I can notice very small things in myself that I do not think others would notice yet. I think it is important to not focus too much on the results too soon cause it can be discouraging.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!