Ladies - Mixed "Tapes"

Options
2»

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My BF has done this for me and I loved it. It's so damn sweet!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It's a cute idea but if you're just getting back in the dating game, how long have you known her/them? Is it more serious or kind of casual? Those factors determine what songs/what kinds of songs and whether or not it's creepy or romantic.

If hubby did it for me I'd love it.
  • xbeth77x
    xbeth77x Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do it!! Maybe keep a cd copy handy in case she doesn't have a way to play tapes.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm a little older than that but it would totally win me over.
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 39 and I dont think of myself as old! *wink*lol
    Mixed tapes are a little old school though...do ppl even use tape decks anymore? :)
    But a mixed CD is a very cool idea and sweet.
    People dont do stuff like that much anymore in this age of ipods and online playlists.
    (Did I just write from "in this age?"...lol)
    It doesnt really matter if its a cassette, cd or playlist, the fact that you care enough to put something together
    to show that someone is special to you is nice enough.(Well I think so anyways.):smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :smile:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Yes! The power of a good mix tape!!

Just remember to not overstep your relationship phase. Like by including trains marry me if you are newly dating. That would make me run screaming. ;)
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and I would love a "mixed CD" from a significant other... I still think its sweet and a bit romantic! (And yet, I've never been given one... *sad face* LOL)

DO IT if its the right message for the relationship... please don't do it just for Valentine's Day in a new relationship.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I think it's a sweet and romantic idea. I would love it. It's something you actually have to put some thought and effort into, especially if you do songs that have special meaning just for the two of you.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Edit: it's too hot outside for a penguin to just be walkin' around...

Not in Vegas it's not, friggin' 24 degrees in the morning. LOL
  • JNick77
    Options
    Okay, there's a lot of great responses here so it seems that basically it's not a bad idea. I see a lot of people mention spouse though and this would be for my GF of only 3-months. Still a good idea? For me I love music and I feel many aspects of our relationship or feelings within music, so it's a way for me to share I guess. To Juliecat1's point, yes song selection would take some care I guess as to not communicate the wrong thing. Unfortunately some of the best songs look at long-term relationships.
  • JNick77
    Options

DO IT if its the right message for the relationship... please don't do it just for Valentine's Day in a new relationship.

Agreed, the timing is just right. Between Xmas, her Bday, and then we're going to a concert in Feb, we decided to not really do anything for Valentine's Day. I thought this would be a good gift at the right time. She gets a little weird about me doing stuff for her sometimes so this could be good.
  • xbeth77x
    xbeth77x Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It's really not that big of a deal. I've made them for male friends before (nothing romantic at all). I think you're over thinking this...
  • JNick77
    Options
    I think you're over thinking this...

You are probably correct, unfortunately that's just part of my charm. LOL