I'm New to myfitnesspal.

Options
Hey everyone...just started this past week...loving this so far...am finding myself motivated AGAIN...it's been a long time. My daughter introduced this site too me and now I'm hooked...would love to add just a few women my age to help with support. I am turning 43 this June and have gained a lot of weight this past 2 years...STRESS will do it to you!! Have always been in shape...have always lifted weights and eaten good but after loosing everything we had 3 years ago I have turned to food for "comfort"...NOT GOOD!! My weight as of this past week was topping 200 lbs...NEVER in my life did I think I would weight that much! I have a goal of 56 lbs...PRAYING I REACH IT!! I want to feel pretty again and enjoy myself in my 40's...right now UGH!! LOL...would love to hear from a few of you women who understand were i'm coming from...THANKS!!!

Replies

• Nano1360
    Nano1360 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey ! Welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'm new and this too, just started here a couple days ago but trying to stay motivated for the last couple months.
    Feel free to add me!
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hi you can add me if you'd like
  • smallmuscleathelete
    smallmuscleathelete Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm also a newbie here with myfitnesspal :-p I've tried this website since last Thursday, and just discovered the Message Boards... oops!
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • dll2013
    dll2013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP too. My daughter in law got me to join. I am really liking the food diary. It helps to keep me on track. Good luck to everyone. We got this.
  • cassandraforbes1
    Options
    i am new to start this week dont have much friends but i will get there
  • elliev30
    elliev30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I think you will find the support here just incredible. We are all on the same team and hoping to win the fight! Good luck and keep logging. Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • msmith3518
    msmith3518 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi - you can add me too! I too need to stay motivated and need support. Good luck on your journey!
  • suz2411
    suz2411 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi..Im new here too (my first week) Im 44 and have let myself go over the past 6 years resulting in 25kg weight gain, Im a stress head so I like a wine or 4 to destress me after work! Eeeek bad move :-(
    Feel free to add me and we can go on this journey together! I have 63 pounds to lose
  • kdweidmann
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend as well!! I have been using MFP on and off for the past year, and decided I need to really stay with it this time! I too am over 200 lbs - never in my life did I think I would ever be this heavy! I was always thin growing up, even after having 2 children I worked out all the time and was a size 6/8. Now I am an 18. I do NOT want to get any bigger so am determined to stick with eating clean and exercising!
  • tigtigs
    tigtigs Posts: 52
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Feel free to add me as well!! :-)
  • BreCq
    BreCq Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) wow 2lb down already!! keep it up, slow but steady :)!!
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP too...a friend of mine was raving about it on FB..I'm still learning all of the features. I know what it's like to need support. I'll be 40 in June, so I'm on a mission. Feel free to add me, too.:smile: Good luck with your goals
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Every pound counts!!:smile:
  • sportsfan13
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this also myself. I enjoy the food dairy, but having a hard time with my fat intake and exercising. Feel free to add me if you would like. I can use the support also.
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 45 and just reached my goal weight last week (lost 19 pounds). This is my first week on maintenance so we'll see how that goes. So far I've had great success on MFP and met lots of wonderful people. Welcome!!
  • Ravin714
    Ravin714 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome. No worries. You can reach your goals. When I stepped on the scale at 188 lbs I had a wake up call. MFP has helped a great deal in my journey to burn the fat and limit my intake.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Glad you found the site! I'm turning 45 next week and am determined that this year I WILL get to my goal weight. I started about where you are - weighed 196 in April 2011 when I joined. I've had success on MFP and made lots of friends. I'm pretty hardcore on exercise and food right now. Feel free to peek at my profile, and add me if you want. Good luck in meeting your goals!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)