Have you lost eating 1200 calories?

Options
12346»

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Wait so most of you actually eat more than 1,200 right? I believe most said they eat back there exercise calories. So your netting 1,200 a day? I can't seem to keep my intake at 1,200 I get so hungry.

Sweetie, after reading your profile, I strongly urge you to get some professional help. I don't think this site would be good for you. Please talk to someone, your family, or your doctor and tell them what you are feeling and doing to yourself.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I eat almost exactly 1200 cals per day. I don't eat back my exercise calories but I will allow myself to go over 1200 if I've been active enough. I've lost 51 lbs in exactly 5 months. my blood pressure is down, my skin is clear, my hair is healthier and I feel great.
  • wvtrap
    wvtrap Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat ~1200 calories a day and have lost almost 42lbs since Thanksgiving.

Holy *kitten*. Way to go!

Thank you!
  • wvtrap
    wvtrap Posts: 19 Member
    Options

are you serious?

Absolutely. I started at 299lbs. I lost 31lbs in the first 30days. It been a pleasant surprise.

Any tips you can share? I really want to lose the 70 some lbs before June :) but not starving myself

I try to keep it simple. Thin cut chicken breast with marinade usually between 7 and 9 oz. and I split a bag of the Walmart pre packaged salad with my brother pretty much everyday. That lunch puts me about 500-600 calories. 200 calories for breakfast and 200 for evening. Then I'll have a small snack or two somewhere through the day to get the rest. I think the rest comes from a desire to be healthy. I weigh everything I eat. I don't cheat at all. I gave up soda, alcohol, fast food and caffeine. I use a fitbit one with negative calories enabled and I never eat back any food it says I've gained. So far it's working and it feels completely sustainable so I'm going to keep after it until I need to adjust to maintenance calories.
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have eaten 1200 calories a day since Sept 1 of 2012. I am now down 56 pounds. I started exerising by doing 3 days on the treadmill just walking. I am now doing circuit training and kickboxing. I want to lose another 45ish. However, I was thinking of upping my calories to 1500 but not sure if thats gonna make me stop losing or gain....
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

are you serious?

Absolutely. I started at 299lbs. I lost 31lbs in the first 30days. It been a pleasant surprise.

Any tips you can share? I really want to lose the 70 some lbs before June :) but not starving myself

I try to keep it simple. Thin cut chicken breast with marinade usually between 7 and 9 oz. and I split a bag of the Walmart pre packaged salad with my brother pretty much everyday. That lunch puts me about 500-600 calories. 200 calories for breakfast and 200 for evening. Then I'll have a small snack or two somewhere through the day to get the rest. I think the rest comes from a desire to be healthy. I weigh everything I eat. I don't cheat at all. I gave up soda, alcohol, fast food and caffeine. I use a fitbit one with negative calories enabled and I never eat back any food it says I've gained. So far it's working and it feels completely sustainable so I'm going to keep after it until I need to adjust to maintenance calories.

Thanks so much i do the half chocken breast with steamed veggies and a salad for lunch and then two protein shakes and some snacks then i work out in the morning to get my day going.
  • mdigiac
    mdigiac Posts: 34
    Options
    I love that most of you have uped your calories if on a plateau. That is so cool, the way bodies work.
  • fitsonia24
    fitsonia24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think men lose weight faster than women also.
  • summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have eaten 1200 calories a day since Sept 1 of 2012. I am now down 56 pounds. I started exerising by doing 3 days on the treadmill just walking. I am now doing circuit training and kickboxing. I want to lose another 45ish. However, I was thinking of upping my calories to 1500 but not sure if thats gonna make me stop losing or gain....

i highly doubt that going to 1500 will make you gain. 300 calories isn't much, especially if you are working out. you might lose a little slower or on the other hand you might feel more energized at your workouts. :]
  • Zdesh
    Zdesh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight really well in the past on 1200 calories. But this time around it seems harder. I have about 12 lbs to lose now and I'm eating about 1200 and eating about 1/3 of my exercise calories back because I was afraid of going into starvation mode. But the scale isn't moving. So I'm thinking I need to stick to a hard 1200 for a while until the scale starts moving.
  • nylphia
    nylphia Posts: 16
    Options
    I eat 1200 and have lost about a pound a wek. Started 12/26, but I eat back all my excercise calories. Think I would lose more if I stopped or not eat them back eveyr day I excercise. Sunday I did not work out, Monday I did and did not eat back my calories. By tuesday I lost a full pound. In two days. Usually it happens in a week.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That's it! Just want to know who has lost eating 1200 calories and how long has it taken you to lose following this calorie allotment! THANKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I would definitely lose my mind if I tried. :laugh:
  • ld462
    ld462 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have lost 2 pounds eating 1,200 calories. I started Jan. 9 on this site. I don't exercise.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I did lose but I felt like a sack of crap so I eat 1800-2300 and maintain instead.
  • mkookies
    mkookies Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have my days set to 1,200 calories, however I also exercise and eat back those calories, so it's usually more like 1,500 to 1,600 calories per day. The only exception is that one day a week, I double those calories - so around 2,400. I heard that switching it up once in awhile keeps your body on its toes. :P

It seems to be working so far - I usually lose about 1 to 1.5 pounds per week since I started.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight, 25 % of my body weight, on 1200 calories. But I am small and my BMR is 950, according to the MFP calculator. That's what I get for being old, short and now at my goal weight. That said, I make sure that those calories are packed with nutrition.
  • MemFox
    MemFox Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 12 months to lose 12kgs..
    I gained 18 kgs whilst pregnant with my second son( born nov 2011) I lost 8 kgs after having him then started My fitness Pal in mid Jan 2012..
    That said, I've hardly done any exercise- and there has been months where I bumped my cals up to 1300 cause I wasn't coping on 1200... I could have lost a lot faster if I had added the exercise in, but this has worked for me and I'm happy.. I'm only 4 kgs off goal!!!
    So I've actually lost 20kgs in total- but only 12 of that since joining mfp :)