supplements

duckfan06
duckfan06 Posts: 20
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering if anyone is using supplements to help them lose weight and build muscle?

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Yes is the short answer.
    I use Isopure whey protein powder (there are naysayers out there about the use of whey) or when I have the money I use Vega protein powder. Yep, I'm one of the females on here trying to gain muscle. This is the only supplement I use other than my daily vitamin.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I just take a daily vitamin
  • McNuts
    McNuts Posts: 1
    Calories in Calories out. It is simple.
    The two handed diet with exercise works the best.

Two hands on the table and push back and then run around the block.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I try to take a good multivitamin, when I remember. Eat less-move more, that's all.
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    I dont for weight loss but a friend of mine does and she is doing really well with it as the supplement she takes provides her with good nutrients and instantly absorbed protien- helps cut hunger out and gives her the energy to continue on. She also does vigorous walking and portion control.
  • aareeyesee
    aareeyesee Posts: 65 Member
    I use a multivitamin, Calcium, Magnesium, vitamin C, Omega 3, Zinc and Vitamin D as well as 3 weeks on 1 week off of Atro-Phex and of course Protein for part of one of my midday meals and part of my post-exercise meals and Creatine Monohydrate.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Part of the answer depends on what you mean by a "supplement". I don't consider a multivitamin or protein powder as "supplements".

I you are referring to a "fat burner" or other type of supplement, the answer would be "no". They have a virtually 100% long-term failure rate.

Weight loss doesn't really "count" until you have kept it off for at least two years, so any claims of "losing 10 (20, whatever) pounds in 2 months" are absolutely meaningless, even if they are true.
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    I just take a multivitamin, calcium tablet (or i just wouldn't get enough) and a vitamin C tablet.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I take CLA, calcium/magnesium/vitD, Chromium, b-complex;
    Iso Sensation whey protein shake;
    and when I feel I need it, Emergen-C packet.
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Beware, there can be consequences to taking supplements. I used to take MET-REX and other TwinLab whey protein supplements religously. They did work, I put on a lot of muscle while I took them. The downside is that by overwhelming my system with all the concentrated whey product I am now allergic to ALL grain products. I am convinced that the supplements were a factor in this happening. There is no substitute for eating well balanced healty meals consisting of whole, unproccessed foods.
This discussion has been closed.