Calorie Intake vs. burning

Options
So I am always under my calorie goals but especially when I workout...I don't know if this is hurting the amount I am losing or not losing?? Does anyone know if I should be eating the extra calories added after adding the exercise? Please help! I just want to be doing things right and losing as much as I can at a healthy rate. Thanks!

Replies

• browneyes97
    Options
    I believe a woman should eat at least 1200 calories a day. Anything less than that and your body may go into starvation mode; because it is not getting enough nourishment. I try not to eat all the calories I burned doing workouts. It takes burning 3500 calories to lose a pound so the more you work out and don't eat, the less you will weigh.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    MFP estimations for calories burned are usually at least twice what you actually burned. Eat back half of your exercise calories or less.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    MFP sets your calorie goal so low that you would lose weight without exercise. Then when you do exercise, you need to eat extra for fuel. It changes "Your Daily Goal" to add in those exercise calories, and that is the amount you should target for the day. Also referred to as "net calories" around here.
  • Bnspired711
    Bnspired711 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.