Post Workout Snack?

Options
I do all my workouts at night, usually between 8 and 9PM or whenever my 3 year old is in bed. I usually eat a pretty good dinner but after my workouts, I've been starving! Like can't go to bed I'm so hungry. I've been eating a serving of fruit, usually grapes, watermelon, or apple and a small serving of carbs like dry multigrain cheerios. Not sure if this is a good idea but its been helping a little.

So my question is, who else is experiencing this and how do you cope? Is it good to eat something right after you work out and before you go to bed? I usually don't go to bed til 11 so if I have a light snack at 9, I don't think its too bad.

If you do eat after a workout/before bed, what is the best healthy snack to have? I've heard that snacks high in protein are usually not bad before bed. Thoughts?

Replies

• EileenM63
    EileenM63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also work out between 8-9 pm - and I feel the same way. I drink about 40-45 ozs. of water while working out - but later on I get hungry. I've been eating a vanilla greek yogurt at night as a snack. I like the Dannon Oikos. If my calories allow it, I add something else - undressed tuna with a few cracker crisps. It helps and so far I am still losing a tiny bit of weight each day.
  • sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese (if you do dairy) is a GREAT bedtime snack! Paired with pineapple, it's not too bad.
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese (if you do dairy) is a GREAT bedtime snack! Paired with pineapple, it's not too bad.
    yep, This is the best !!!!!!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You will find that eating a protein will help satisfy your hunger and give your body what it needs. Yogurt, cottage cheese peanut butter. Just allow for the calories
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Protein shake!!!!!!
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    protein.
    tuna on toast, cottage cheese and fresh fruit, greek yogurt and PB2, protein bar, or whip up a protein shake.
    make sure you are drinking a lot of water, too...protein and water will repair your muscles after all that work and take care of the hungries.