Replies

• vv523
    vv523 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    rockstarmommy I think you look very sexy!!! keep up the good work
    Anything. Seriously.

I wish I could F*** for a tuck!
    Oh! And for some perkier boobies too!
    It's a catch 22 though, because you need to bag the rich boyfriend to afford the tummy tuck, but you clearly can't bag the rich boyfriend with a saggy tummy.

*kitten*, now all my hopes and dreams are crushed upon this realization.
    Guess I gotta go with my original plan and do it for myself!!
    It is on my list to be reevaluated once I get closer to my goal. :)
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you want one, start saving today!
  • 2204givme
    Options
    thank you
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just about anything... .I never anticipated this problem would bother me as much as it does --- but 20lbs of extra skin around your middle makes me feel worse than I felt 120lbs ago.... I'm currently working 2 full-time jobs trying to save enough. My insurance does not cover it for any reason, period.

I am 42 and started seriously trying to lose weight at 39. I started off with just over 100 pounds to lose and it has taken me 2.5 years to lose about 70 pounds. I still want to lose at least 25-30 more pounds. The only place that I have so far noticed loose skin is under my chin. I have lost weight slowly and I think that has a lot to do with how your skin adjusts. I had hoped that I would have made my goal weight by now but I keep hitting plateaus for months on end.I still have a lot of weight to lose around my abdomen so I do not know what will happen there when I finally do lose it and have a flat stomache for the fist time since I was eighteen. I do have some loose skin from four pregnancies but after all this time it is not bad and I had my kids in my twenties.

Also no way an I afford a tummy tuck so if I do end up with more loose skin there I am stuck with it. It is better than being 100 plus pounds overweight.
  • morgynsmama
    Options
    LOL at all the people who say go to the gym.... wait until you're over 40 and lose more than 100# or have a few babies --- your perky little teenage skin won't be bouncing back. I go to the gym 5 times a week, I do numerous 5k events during the year --- stretched out skin leftover from weightloss does not just disappear. Especially when you're older. Get over yourselves.

I agree. I am not some young skinny girl of 21. Two kids and losing 100 plus pounds.....there is no way u can ' tone' extra excess skin
  • illuminaughty576
    Options
    Find yourself a sugar daddy. :heart:
    best idea ever :p
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Paid off my truck over the last 3 years that I have been on this journey knowing full well I was going to have something done (ended up getting a Circumferential Body lift 9 weeks Post Op now where they removed 17 lbs. of skin) and insurance was NOT going to pay for it. So now we have a home equity loan which I call my new truck payment but no new truck Lol just a new me and that is even better. :drinker: To those that say you don't need it, well lets just say everyone situation will be different and you have to make that judgement call for yourself... Best of Luck to you.......
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    LOL at all the people who say go to the gym.... wait until you're over 40 and lose more than 100# or have a few babies --- your perky little teenage skin won't be bouncing back. I go to the gym 5 times a week, I do numerous 5k events during the year --- stretched out skin leftover from weightloss does not just disappear. Especially when you're older. Get over yourselves.

Seriously! Aholes
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    rockstarmommy I think you look very sexy!!! keep up the good work
    Anything. Seriously.

I wish I could F*** for a tuck!
    Oh! And for some perkier boobies too!
    It's a catch 22 though, because you need to bag the rich boyfriend to afford the tummy tuck, but you clearly can't bag the rich boyfriend with a saggy tummy.

*kitten*, now all my hopes and dreams are crushed upon this realization.
    Guess I gotta go with my original plan and do it for myself!!
    It is on my list to be reevaluated once I get closer to my goal. :)

Thank you!!! Coming back to this post and seeing this made my night! :flowerforyou:
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    If I won the lottery it would the first call I would make. Being 4'10 and having 3 c-sections, its impossible to get my body back to what it was before.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the scars from a tummy tuck....not so pretty.

maybe from a bad surgeon...and even with scarring it will look a lot better than saggy skin.
  • sand1941
    sand1941 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    But if that's you in your profile picture, then, lady face, just let me say that you are absolutely gorgeous!

And congrats on all the weight loss!
  • krorvik
    krorvik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Get a loan and pay for it monthly.. ;-)
  • b3cca85
    b3cca85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was fortunate to have a tuck done via the nhs in 2007.
    I now have a wonky belly button :laugh: But it was worth it.
  • barbiemommie
    Options
    No thank you!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    not for a tummy tuck, but I have been saving my *kitten* off for a boob job... set money aside from every check and client i do.
  • tweetymom8
    tweetymom8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    b
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Well I don't want a tummy tuck so much as Liposuction.I'd clean the surgeon's house,polish his/her does every morning(providing they didn't smell)

I'd cook and clean for him/her every month...but if they did a bad job they'd have diarrhoea for a week!!!!

I'd even bump up the favours to complimenting them everyday and do the laundry (which I hate)

I'd probably eat a bag of Kangaroo *kitten* (have you seen I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here or Fear Factor?

Ahem ....(a small bag thank you) and hey have to be washed and boiled thoroughly...oh who am I kidding its still a horrible bit of meat.

Ha ha ha kidding honestly ...I don't know...but I'll pray to win the lotto everyday.

LOL.. I liked reading this response.

If I really wanted one I would probably just wait until I could afford it (after doing lots of research on it).
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Even if I wanted a tummy tuck, which I don't, I would only get a mini tummy tuck. The full tummy tuck is far too dangerous. But I'm hopeful that I'll be fine with exercise. I have had 3 c-sections but after my first two I had no problem getting a flat stomach again, so for now I wouldn't do anything for one.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    not for a tummy tuck, but I have been saving my *kitten* off for a boob job... set money aside from every check and client i do.

You know what is strange? There is a website where women can apparently have other people pay for their breast augmentations. I heard about it on the radio. Craziness