Nutrtion Facts !! YOU MUST READ THIS!

Options

Replies

• imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    thanks for the post, interesting to read :) can i ask your opinion on your ideal macros?

Macros vary from one person to another!! Genetics play an huge part for example one of the reasons some people are fat and others are skinny is because some people are more tolerant to carbs and fat than others!! This is a link to pretty decent diet and don't let the word bodybuilder scare you

http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html

Another decent link

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981&page=1

Just always remember get your daily fiber intake (for me 25 g to 45g) and take a multi vitamin !! Hope this helped :)
  • imondrugz
    Options
    Guys add me if you like!! I'm always looking forward to meet new amazing people like you guys and i would love to help you any time :)
  • Stormborn25
    Options
    Preach it.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Guys add me if you like!! I'm always looking forward to meet new amazing people like you guys and i would love to help you any time :)

Plus he's pretty. Add him people!
  • harryandsally
    harryandsally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I finally had to stop a similar dialogue with a friend when she insisted she couldn't lose weight even though she ate at a certain time, foods in particular combination, blah, blah, blah, despite the fact that she eats out 6 nights a week and watches television all day. She was deeply offended when I said, bottom line, calories in, calories out. Seems to me that people who don't believe that are simply looking for (a) a miracle cure or (b) an excuse.
  • snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    thankyou :) good read!
  • imondrugz
    Options

Plus he's pretty. Add him people!

Lol well thank you :) !!
    Thank you for this. I finally had to stop a similar dialogue with a friend when she insisted she couldn't lose weight even though she ate at a certain time, foods in particular combination, blah, blah, blah, despite the fact that she eats out 6 nights a week and watches television all day. She was deeply offended when I said, bottom line, calories in, calories out. Seems to me that people who don't believe that are simply looking for (a) a miracle cure or (b) an excuse.

People don't want to hear that they don't need to torcher them self to lose weight... They'd rather go through a horrible diet and suffer than to have a normal diet...
    thankyou :) good read!

Your welcome :) !
    Fact: A whole foods plant-based diet can help prevent and reverse heart/cardiovascular disease.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1973470
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9863851

It depends on your goals my friend. Some don't care about avoiding and/or preventing chronic disease, others are. I'm in my 50's, so I care more now than when I was in my 30's. Heart disease is a Killer in the US. It can be prevented.

Your focus is on body weight, others using this tool are at or near their ideal body weight, and have other goals. Last year, I was focused on fitness. I acheived my goals, and have the clinical VO2 Max test to prove it. This year, I want to make the changes necessary to avoid the diabetes and heart disease that my parents suffer from. My dad had heart disease at the age I am now. No thanks.

I agree there are many myths. Be careful that you may not know all the facts, because researchers are never-ending in their quest for better knowledge.

You're absolutely right sir being healthy should be everyone's main goal after all!! What i meant moderation is the key of everything !! Your diet should mainly be made ofhealthy foods like veggi's or meats but it's okay if you have a lil desert and made it fit your macros !!! !! Best of luck with your goals in being healthy :) !!
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yes, but can I log green tea as water?

I'm no nutritionist or dietitian but this is my hobby... I believe green tea is calorie free like diet soda they don't matter and you shouldn't count them... However nothing will ever replace water in my opinion . The benefits of water are countless.. They aid your body in many ways so make sure you get your recommended water intake

Because dipping a tea bag in water magically changes its chemical composition lol.. it's like Jesus ground up in a wrapper on a string! Smh..
  • kms1320
    Options
    Now, what you are saying, for the most part, is true.. if calories in is less than calories out, you will lose weight regardless of what you eat or when you eat it.. ie: twinkie diet. Thank you Law of Thermodynamics.

However..

keeping your macros in line, staying under your calories, and all the things that are good.. is much much easier when you aren't hungry all the time! So it IS better to fill up on slow digesting proteins or high fiber or low calorie portions... like a large chicken breast and 2 cups of broccoli. That's about 300-350 calories, and is going to keep me full, longer, than a jelly donut. Also, I like to fill in my extra calories with protein shakes for the extra amino acids you don't find in chocolate cake to help support my lean body mass while I'm working at a calorie defecit.

Also in your first post, you did get something wrong. All sugars are NOT equal. Fructose is much worse than Glucose. Fructose will not trigger satiety, and may encourage you to eat more.
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes, but can I log green tea as water?

I'm no nutritionist or dietitian but this is my hobby... I believe green tea is calorie free like diet soda they don't matter and you shouldn't count them... However nothing will ever replace water in my opinion . The benefits of water are countless.. They aid your body in many ways so make sure you get your recommended water intake

I appreciate what you're saying overall, but are you suggesting that there's some aspect of diet soda that somehow negates the benefits of its own main component (water) in some significant way given normal consumption?

I don't think anyone would argue that the benefits of water aren't many, but it's not like they go away when you're getting water via green tea.

Perhaps I misunderstand your meaning.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/20-tips-for-torching-fat-use-these-rules-of-thumb-to-help-you-get-lean.html

Check out #10
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Nice post. Agree completely. There are way too many "experts" out there putting out false information - generally for their own financial gain.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You said you don't need fast acting carbs after a workout, does that mean you need slow acting ones or none and what about protein? If yes how soon?
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!

Can't stand the don't eat after whatever time... don't eat bread... blah blah blah...

I can't even tell you how many times I've had a midnight PB&J in the last year just to get close to my calorie goal and I'm doing just fine!
  • missability
    Options
    hmmmmm, I have been eating all organic, cage free, grass fed, no sugar....(refined) or sugar subs. sticking with ancient grains, IE: Millet, Spelt, Flax, avoiding, corn, wheat, soy, etc.....Only drinking water and pure non-sweetened green tea. I have lost 10 LBS, and 5 inches in 14 days. In just two weeks my skin is smoother, my hair is shiny and silky, my insomnia is GONE, in bed at 11, asleep by 11:30 up between 6 and 8Am....So I am not sure if that's what you mean by clean, and I respect everyone's right to an opinion, whether it be based on fact, or observation.....but I looked up IIFYM, and that's not what I'm reading....it seems to me it is saying to not indulge in fast food or whatever you want......the following is a paragraph I copied and pasted from the official IIFYM site:
    Moderation

IIFM is not an excuse to eat everything in sight. It simply allows some dietary freedom. It allows the occasional treat to be enjoyed by dieters. I see a lot of people misinterpret IIFYM and think it's an excuse to eat fast food several times a day everyday. This is not the case. You can fit a Big Mac into your macros everyday if you would like but you would be sacrificing your other meals for the day. Let me show you what I mean. A Big Mac has approximately 30 grams of fat. If you are trying to lose weight and are only eating a total of 45 grams of fat a day, you just had almost 70% of your allowed fat for the day in one meal. Now you have the rest of the day with only 15 grams of fat. Therefore, it is very difficult to actually fit in all the foods you would like to eat everyday into your macros. Moderation is the key.
  • melly28
    melly28 Posts: 26
    Options
    Loved this post! It's how I lost the majority of my weight in the first place. I'm trying to get back down to basics as I really want to lose 15-20lbs more and after quitting smoking I feel as though I have nothing to lose. This post was a great reminder of where I need to be. Thanks!
  • imondrugz
    Options
    i wana cry i replied to every single comment and it just went boosh ... :(
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    A little secret, IIFYM, the way of eating the OP describes, never leads to threads by people clueless as to why what they are doing isn't working.

When you eat IIFYM, things go according to plan. What you expect to happen occurs.

And there are no taboo foods to worry about.

A fair % of the post weight loss goal crowd here are IIFYMers.
  • kms1320
    Options
    IIFYM - don't make it sound like everyone's macros are the same

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg
  • kms1320
    Options
    And I absolutely believe in nutrient timing relative to strenuous physical activity.
  • lavender22
    lavender22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information but I believe that breakfast and metabolism has alot to do with losing weight. I also believe that having a active lifestyle is important to weight loss.