Are you aware of your fatness?

Options
Do you know when you climb aboard the scales if you are going to weigh heavy (up from your running average)? 9 of 10 times I can make the correct prediction.

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself if I know I'm holding water...
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am only posting here because this question made me laugh and I want to be able to see it on my page.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    um

no
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Might be TMI, but I don't weigh myself unless I've recently breastfed. Don't need overfilled boobs bumpin' up my number!
  • dogberry3
    Options
    Even if I weigh myself during the week my official weigh-in is always on Sunday morning before my shower or breakfast so I am rarely up over my weight from the previous week. (so far I've had good success overall)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    most of the time, yes, but once I'm a much lower weight it's harder to tell, because there's much less water fluctuation.
    the daily little flicks up and down on the scale don't bother me, most of the time, so long as I get a whoosh, often enough, and
    if it's too high, it's for a reason. Obviously, if it's high and I don't know why, that bothers me, but I try to wait it out, see if It was just
    water or something after all.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, and aren't usually surprised by the number, whether it's high or low.

Also, I want to make sure it shows in my newsfeed that I responded to this topic. The heading is hilarious.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    There are very few surprises at this point- I'm pretty self aware of what I eat, what I drink, my workouts, my digestion, my menstrual cycle, etc. It's not rocket science.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Yep. I can even accurately guess the number. I woke up this morning and said "I bet I weigh 188 today" and I did. I just felt a couple of pounds heavier than I have the past week.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Like Bean said, not rocket science. For this reason, I haven't weighed myself in 2 months. I know what it'll say and I don't want to see it.
  • jaurora2
    jaurora2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    lol I can tell if my body has changed, but never which way. I'll be thinking I gained a lot one week, only to find out I lost.
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Do you know when you climb aboard the scales if you are going to weigh heavy (up from your running average)? 9 of 10 times I can make the correct prediction.

Are you bored?
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    I'm actually often surprised that the number isn't lower. :ohwell:
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Are you bored?

No, the question stems from my experience. Sometimes I feel fat. Usually when I do, the scale confirms that I am up a few. Just checking to see if others go through this.:bigsmile:
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Put the water down, the weigh yourself
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. I was a little surprised that I was up today, as I am more compact right now due to some heavy strength training recently. I'll chalk this gain to DOMS and water retention in the muscles. But I track to the .25 pound, so I guess if it was up or down 5+ pounds I'd really notice a difference.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Yes. I feel like I have a raging case of fatface if I'm retaining water. It's a gross feeling.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Put the water down, the weigh yourself

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Mine is disgustingly predictable. If I eat to excess it goes up, cut back it goes down. I never get those freaky weeks when you over eat but still lose. Never have, prob never will. I also strength train though with little cardio so my weight is generally static most of the time. I don't really care what it says as long as I add muscle and lose fat anyway.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    on a different note of fat awareness - I underestimate the size of my *kitten* all the time and end up sitting on people.. I think yeah I can fit there... and then I cant lol