Sports bras!

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular underwire bra with a sports bra over it. It works really well, like they're armor plated. I've never found a sports bra that works well on it's own for running, too painful. When double bra'ed, I experience no pain.

FWIW, I'm currently 36D, was 40DD and this technique worked well then too.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person in this thread that doesn't care about uniboob? LOL I don't care what they look like as long as they are tied down and not making a spectacle of themselves. LOL ;)

Ahahaha! Made me laugh out loud! Totally agree!
  • deeveebee
    deeveebee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Absolutely the Fiona by Moving Comfort. My second favorite is the CWX Ultra Support II.
  • Marie12059
    Options
    hi all...OMG!!!! TYTYTY for all this advice. i have just started exercising in water and in the gym, and HATE HATE the UNIBOOB crap. i am gonna try the bra over bra since i am broke and have to make do with what i got on hand! gonna also get some kind of girdle next month too, hate my butt and belly bouncing so much !!! i was sore after jogging in place for 25 minutes. LOL!!
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love Champion Compression sports bras. I am a DD and wear a medium to lock em down! For comfort I wear a large active from Old Navy to work and bumming around.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm a DDD and I just don't want them giving me black eyes...I want no uni-boob outside of the gym but inside the gym I don't care as long as they stay put while running ;P

I have fallen in LOVE with Champion Double Dry+ Spot comfort full support High Support bra...oh my goodness. I have fought and fought with sports bras and had a terrible time finding good ones. JC Penny has them for $40 regular price but I bought 2 on sale for $20 each!!! Can't beat that! They are almost $50 on the Champion sight. The item number is 1602. I wish I had bought one more!

this is the one I bought..I also got it in white and they make black and blue too..although I couldn't find them on the JCP site, I bought mine in-store 2 weeks ago.
    http://www.clothesbuy.com/champion-spot-comfort-full-support-bra/442515/941331?cm_mmc=jellyfishclothes-_-none-_-none-_-none
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    hi all...OMG!!!! TYTYTY for all this advice. i have just started exercising in water and in the gym, and HATE HATE the UNIBOOB crap. i am gonna try the bra over bra since i am broke and have to make do with what i got on hand! gonna also get some kind of girdle next month too, hate my butt and belly bouncing so much !!! i was sore after jogging in place for 25 minutes. LOL!!

Dude I totally recommend a good gridle for running, I hate when my fupa gets in the way!
  • Miss_Tina_Marie
    Options
    I like the VS Pro from Vistoria's Secret... It's about $50 but I love the support (I'm a 34D) and the fit prevents the uniboob lol. Otherwise there's the brand "Moving Comfort" that you can get from REI... great support for larger chests during high impact workouts. Hope this helps! :)
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • RunningMs
    RunningMs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love my Juno bra by Moving Comfort. It has been a really great investment, I can do jumping jacks and my DD's don't move at all.
  • AmyAyoob
    Options
    The Lulu Lemon TaTa Tamer is the best one I've found! It's the only bra that I don't have to double up on! It's a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion!
  • AmyAyoob
    Options
    lulu's tata tamer

it's expensive but well worth it if you are chesty and workout a lot.

I concur!!! amazing bra!
    I also have their "free to be" bra and LOVE IT!

woops! I see someone already beat me to it! love my lulu!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I buy mine from Lane Bryant.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I am smaller boobed...I have always worn my swimming costume beneath my gym clothes for support. Not sure how supportive the larger sizes can be, but the ones I wear are similar to the sports bra support at the front (double lined and have those cups so no perky bits when it is cold stick out ; ) ) I find sports bras confusing and very confining (they always seem too damn tight around my back) even at my size.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I'd recommend a shock absorber bra. And if you get yourself fitted at Bravissimo, even better! :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32F (32DDD) or 34DD depending on the style and brand...

The ones that I like best are from Under Armour. They are very comfortable and have the girls locked down in place, lol, while I am doing just about anything from weight training, to kickboxing, to running.

And no, I've never cared about "uniboob." I am not trying to look cute while working out, I am working out so I can look cute when I am done!!!!!!!!!!!

eta: the sports bras that I have all come in actual bra sizes instead of the generic S/M/L sizing
  • Claire_x90
    Options
    I do what a few people have mentioned with a crop top styled sports bra over an old regular bra. , the crop top type on it's own is uncomfortable to me but one with cups/under wires never seems supportive enough! I work in a lingerie store though which also sells sports bras so my staff discount does help in trying out different ones and buying cheap ones to wear underneath which I get not everyone can waste money on to do.

In saying that some ladies come in with crazy requests! 'Do you have push up sports bras? They flatten me down to much'

.... er NO **** they are designed to try to make your chest a mans chest. lol
  • Kate_Brown_123
    Kate_Brown_123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    In a G-cup and I normally buy from boobydoo.com shock absorber have a new "jogging" bra released which I bought in ff as it is roomy! It's got both encapsulation and compressing meaning that you get 2diff types of support! I would recommend it! Also comes in a few diff colours and....importantly...it's easy to do up and undo all by yourself! I hope you find what you are looking for!

Kate
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i wear a sports bra and a crop top. they are Nike ones. A bit expensive but really good. x
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you're Australian, Berlei make a fantastic sports bra for chicks with big boobs: http://www.berlei.com.au/sport-bras.html

Also, I've had luck with Lorna Jane pull over racerbacks.

They aren't cheap but work a treat. Keep the girls where they belong.