Remaining Calories. HELP!

Options
Hey all!

Is it bad if I have 593 calories left to fill up? It's almost 9pm where I'm currently at and I'm not sure what a good snack would be to fill the rest of the calories...HELP!

Thanks!

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    r you hungry?
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want that doesn't go over 594 calories.
  • AnjylNguyen
    Options
    Honestly I had the same problem last night and just ate a banana and had a glass of red wine and it made enough difference I was trying to get over 1200 calories. Good luck... hope you think of something.
  • israworlds
    Options
    I've kinda been hungry all day. I think my metabolism is working too fast for me!
  • seafuss
    seafuss Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lol, wish I had that problem:) May I suggest chocolate? Lots of chocolate should do the trick!!:laugh:
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich.
  • seafuss
    seafuss Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Okay, between your caloric deficit and your fast metabolism....I might have to tie you down and pour wine down your throat!! (kidding, teehee!)
  • israworlds
    Options
    Lol, wish I had that problem:) May I suggest chocolate? Lots of chocolate should do the trick!!:laugh:

I'm not a huge chocolate lover. I guess I'll have fruit. Thank you tho! :)
  • israworlds
    Options
    Okay, between your caloric deficit and your fast metabolism....I might have to tie you down and pour wine down your throat!! (kidding, teehee!)

haha! I'm also not a big drinker! :l
  • israworlds
    Options

That sounds REAL good :D

Thanks for the idea!
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Anytime!
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nuts! A handful of cashews can be 300 calories. Bananas are good too.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Honestly...if you're not hungry, don't eat. It won't kill you for one night. If it starts becoming a habit though, would eat more caloric meals and snacks throughout the day to avoid jilting yourself out of the nutrition you need.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Eat them or not, either way, not particularly important.

However, what *is* important is that you take the steps to keep this from happening (as much as possible) in the future. One day of missing your total isn't really a big deal. Consistently doing it, however, can be.

Most of the time, when this happens to me, it's the result of a failure to plan (or to execute the plan) more than it is a hungry/not hungry thing.
  • LadyKaie
    Options
    Protein is always BIG for calory count. Don't feel that you have to eat beyond what your tummy wants, olr round out with empty calories. My daughter drinks a lot of smoothies, and adds peanutbutter if she is low.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    with honey and cinnamon.... SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I have this problem a lot, so if it happens often, my sugestion is trying planning out your day a little more in advanced so you can up portions or add stuff to meals to avoid this.
    But you could A. have anything you want that stays within that calorie range, or B. if you're like me and also keep a close eye on your macros or other nutrients, then think of some snacks that sound good, add them in in varying portion sizes or in various combinations of foods and see what gets you closest to calories and best on macros. I usually go for some light ice cream, maybe fruit and yogurt, popcorn, pretzels, cheese and crackers, really depends if I have fat and sugar left to spend because those I like to watch more carefully (that is bad fats and added sugar)

Nuts are really good (I usually go unsalted almonds, 150 calories, some other nuts have more calories, but also more fat and carbs so it depends what you're looking for). Peanut butter sandwich, or a regular sandwich with lunch meat or chicken or something. Or just heat up some leftovers, make an omeltte there are lots of options
  • nesee99
    Options
    I wish I did have that problem but noooo I always seem to use too many lol...but that does sound good peanut butter and banana sandwich!! Good luck with finding something to eat so late at night!