Core exercises

What are the best exercises for your core.....I have heard using the ball with a work out video. Does anyone have something better or something that worked well for them?

Replies

• Hb154
    Hb154 Posts: 9
    I'd say what helped me the most is YOGA. It stretches, rejuvenates, and tones while relaxing your body. You'll fall in love with it!
    I use the Denise Austin yoga videos. Got mine @ target, and I swear on it. Also, another tape that WORKS 100% awesomely is p90x. You should look it up on youtube. Very intense, but with intense results. GOOD LUCK!
  • Here is a link to a description of P90X's Core Synergistics workout. It's my favorite P90X workout. Tough, but you can really feel it working. I hope it gives you some ideas.

http://www.wellsphere.com/exercise-article/p90x-review-day-8-core-synergistics/9917
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Ballet Conditioning helped me steady and strengthen my core more effectively than other workouts. It helped connect the core to all other movements and eventually I was working out my stomach in all other workouts.

Yoga does well too in balancing out the stomach and back muscles.

Kettleball workouts are kind of the current rage in core work right now but I haven't been able to get around to trying that out yet.
  • lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    If you are near a fitness centre that offers TRX Suspension Training classes......SIGN UP. Absolute wonders for core!!! Google it on the 'net'. Created by a Navy Seal. Awesome workout for new people to exercise, or workout junkies, because it forces you to use muscles TOGETHER with your core. Not something free weight or weight machine people are used to. Ever done bicep curls while standing on a bosu ball (on the ball part). Really changes the exercise. So we LOVE TRX.