30 Day Shred-When do your muscles rest?

Options
I want to do the 30 Day Shred 5 days a week, but aren't you supposed to rest your muscles for 48 hours after you strength train (lunges, arm exercises with weights)? This is my second day-love it!

Replies

• crystaltipss
    Options
    You should have 48 hours recovery in between, but if you want to train on consecutive days then you can train a different muscle group the next day. For example, legs one day and then chest the next day.
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    30 day shred works you all over though . I'm not sure if to do another of her non shred video or tae bo instead. my body is killing me cause I did the kettlebell bell after that x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    30DS uses light weights with lots of reps and is more circuit training than weight training so you don't need long periods of rest for your muscles to recover. However, it's always good to schedule in at least one day of complete or active rest into your week.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I vaguely remember an interview with Jillian and she said it was designed for you to do it every other day,
    It was the marketing folks that pushed it to be 30 days concecutively instead of a 30 day training plan.
  • BKAJ0709
    BKAJ0709 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    A. 30 Day Shred isn't meant to be done X amount of days in a row. More like a 2 on, 1 off kind of deal.

B. 30 Day Shred is NOT strength training. It's not even close. It's cardio with purse weights thrown in.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    A. 30 Day Shred isn't meant to be done X amount of days in a row. More like a 2 on, 1 off kind of deal.

B. 30 Day Shred is NOT strength training. It's not even close. It's cardio with purse weights thrown in.

this all the way

if you want do it everyday, or use higher weights and do it every other day (you can run/walk on the days you don't do DVD)
    count it as curcuit training not strength training
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 3 of 30 DS and i'm planning on doing level one for 10 days 3x a week then go up to level 2 10days for 3xa week etc. I didn't even wake up sore this morning and last night was intense so i may at a 4th workout during the week.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It's only 20 minutes. I didn't take rest days when I did it and I'm a cow. I just gained some weight from water retention from the muscles and all, but I lost inches. Rest the other 23 hours and 40 minutes in the day.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I vaguely remember an interview with Jillian and she said it was designed for you to do it every other day,
    It was the marketing folks that pushed it to be 30 days concecutively instead of a 30 day training plan.

This. She said it in one of her podcasts.
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    im on day 3. im planning to do it mon-friday until my 30 days are up. id like to do it 1 more time during the day, but im just too sore and i have a 7 month old to spend time with. those 30 minutes are the longest and most painful minutes ive ever experienced (with exercise, i mean). lol. i love it though. so much fun.
  • MelisaDonald
    MelisaDonald Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love 30-Day Shred and had huge success with it. I think part of the reason it worked so well for me was because I did the workouts every 2-3 days, while continuing with my other workouts on alternate days. Now I've moved on to other goals but keep coming back to 30DS - I especially love levels 1 and 3, but do them all.
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread. I was wondering the same thing about her Ripped in 30 workout.