Only 2 weeks ... but I'm disappointed (VENT!!)

Options
13»

Replies

• Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You set it so you would lose 1 lb. per week. You are eating your exercise calories. (Good!)

It has been 2 weeks.

You have lost 2 pounds.

The math adds up perfectly, from what I can tell.

Keep at it!

Exactly what I was going to say. You have met the goal you set for yourself! If you want to lose more, you should set it to 2lb moss a week.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you focus on results you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.

This, this, THIS!!! :happy:
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I, also, was disappointed not to have a large loss at the beginning of this eating style. However, I have lost very steadily and it is STAYING off. I don't have binging urges and I'm down 42 pounds. Don't let the short term rob you of long term success. I've been doing that all my life. This is so much better.
  • wendydeal
    wendydeal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Like someone above said - don't focus so much on the scale, focus on making better choices and making a change. Try not weighing as often, like maybe only every 2 weeks or so.
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks! The pic is from a trip to Rome in Sept 2012. You can't see my bottom half ;-)
  • sara1077
    Options
    I get that in 2lbs in 2 weeks is just perfect. i was just expecting more for just starting off. I would be thrilled with 1lb a week as a more regular outcome.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If only women understood what it takes to put some measurable muscle on thier bodies...I find it very frustrating that this is the first thing women resort to when trying to figure out why they haven't lost weight.
  • sara1077
    Options
    I am exactly where you are except I lost 2 pounds the first week and gained one the second week....and as of this morning up another .2....but I've upped my walking this past week and I am now suspecting a boost in muscle....I think once our bodies get used to the exercise and new diet, it will start to burn off....what I am hoping for anyway! But as long as I even out to a pound lost per week at the end of the month I will be happy.....any more than that is a bonus :) It can be completely frustrating but this far in it is too early to really know if what we are doing is working....

And....I blame age....I'm 38....39 this year....I find it harder to lose the older I get....so keep at it and don't give up! I am right there with you!

Thank you! I see we are friend now, so we can keep our spirits up! I was just venting and looking for a little encouragement and any constructive feedback. I am so surprised that some people feel that need to say things that are not constructive. Implying that I've never stuck with anything and that I am "quitting already? Where do they get that? Ummm ... worked REALLY hard to lose 30lbs in my late 20s and pretty much got back to that new set point after each of my first two pregnancies. it is just this last pregnancy weight (I don't think I can call it that now that she is 2.5yrs!!) that left me struggling. Also, I used to work from home and could work out more easily. now, I am in an office and it is more challenging to work out during the day. In the evenings, I am busying with my 3 kids (cooking dinner, homework, bathtime, etc.).
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    That's probably because you were already eating fairly close to the calories or healthy food you are eating now?
  • sara1077
    Options
    If only women understood what it takes to put some measurable muscle on thier bodies...I find it very frustrating that this is the first thing women resort to when trying to figure out why they haven't lost weight.

Can you explain what you mean? If you are going to bother to post, why be cryptic about what you want to say? Please tell me what you would advise? I am running / walking doing a c210K program 3x a week, pilates or yoga 1x per week and Thirty Day Shred 3x per week.
  • freshstart14
    freshstart14 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. In the past I have always very quickly dropped weight when changing my lifestyle and this time I have not (I have actually gained!) I am trying to stay positive and give it a couple months before I lose hope - and I know that if I stick it out that long there will be some positive results to keep me going. Feel free to add me, everyone can use some more motivation!

Good luck and don't give up yet!
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    There is nothing cryptic about my post. Your original post asked whether your lack of weight loss could be the result of muscle gain. I have read multiple forum posts on this website where women think they have put on pounds of muscle in a few weeks. A woman would be genetically gifted to put on five pounds of quality muscle in one year. It takes a lot of time, hard work, and an appropriate diet.

On another note, you need to be patient. A two pound loss in two weeks is a win, do this right and your results will last forever.
  • sara1077
    Options
    There is nothing cryptic about my post. Your original post asked whether your lack of weight loss could be the result of muscle gain. I have read multiple forum posts on this website where women think they have put on pounds of muscle in a few weeks. A woman would be genetically gifted to put on five pounds of quality muscle in one year. It takes a lot of time, hard work, and an appropriate diet.

On another note, you need to be patient. A two pound loss in two weeks is a win, do this right and your results will last forever.

Thanks ...That explains what you meant a lot more clearly that just implying that I am wrong and commenting that your frustrated by people who don't know as much about fitness as you.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Omg ... Thank goodness most of the responses were nice. What is up with some of you? Bold change? Who said I was quitting?

I chalk it up to calorie deficiency. Some people need a friggin' snack to play nice.

Some people need to quit complaining, quit quitting on "diets", eat some food at a calorie deficit, and be patient and quit whining when people give them real advice and not just some powder puff unicorn farts because they can't stick to a plan for more than 2 weeks. AND I already ate my friggin' snack..thank you very much, and I'm still fed up with all the cry baby "I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I don't want anyone to tell me something that will really work, but instead coddle me and pat me on the back and tell me you understandf"
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    There's quite a difference between being brutally honest and just being brutal. You didn't see me coddling - and if you read the words on my ticker, you'll see my mantra is anything but unicorn farts.

I just think it's possible to get your point across without attacking individuals.

With that said, *I'm* going to go eat another snack.
  • annelieb1
    Options
    My profile says "1.2 lbs/wk" expected weight loss according to the settings I have entered. If your profile says 1 lb/wk, then you are right on track.
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Remember 3 weeks ago when you weren't losing weight at all?

You need to relax.

Says it all!

I also notice when I do strength training, I gain or sometimes don't lose for weeks, then all of the sudden 3-5 pounds come off in one week. Often it's after 6-8 weeks of a workout program that my body starts to completely change. I'd give it 6 weeks before you get too worried. Cut back on processed foods too - your body could have a sensitivity to something (all the junk from the holidays was no doubt full of sugar and white flour).