can not give up CAKE help!!!!!!!!

Options
prudism
prudism Posts: 149 Member
I have been seriously logging on to MFP starting 1Jan. I am working out trying to eat the right food but I am letting myself down with sweet stuff
anybody else have this problem and if so how are you dealing with it?

Replies

• pikachuFL
    pikachuFL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There's no reason you can't have cake. Choose small portions and plan for it in your food diary. If it takes too many calories to have it every day, maybe schedule one or two days during the week to allow yourself to have a piece of cake.

You can buy single pieces of cake at many grocery stores and bakeries, or consider taking a cake to work and just eating one piece of it

If it's just sweet stuff you're craving, maybe you can substitute a sweet cereal or bagels with flavored cream cheese for your cake.
  • millipedey
    Options
    I exercise extra on days when i feel like I want to have some junk food to make up for the calorie addition.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I exercise extra on days when i feel like I want to have some junk food to make up for the calorie addition.
    So you're using exercise to indulge in "bad choices"?
  • missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    To give myself a sweet hit, I cut up grapes, berries, apple etc into a big bowl, and get a pot of sweet low cal yoghurt and poor over. Dunno why, but it really hits the spot and is mega filling too x
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    A little piece of cake won't stop you as long as, like the above poster said, you fit it in your calories. Or, do a little extra cardio the days you have a piece of cake. I, myself, love ice cream. And trust me, I usually MAKE room in my daily allowance for some ice cream 3 or 4 times a week!

That being said, if you will binge on cake and can't control yourself, then by all means give the cake a WIDE berth!!!
  • phillipspage
    phillipspage Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to crave some not so great foods. I was a sucker for things totally fatty like mac and cheese. What I do now is make healthier alternatives--rather than mac and cheese I make brown rice risotto with veggies and a little cheese. Not quite the same, but it tastes just as delicious and is way healthier. If you can't kick the cake habit, make a better alternative. Use a box cake mix and mix it with a can of Sprite Zero. It's just as delicious and doesn't have the oil, eggs, and milk that it would normally have. And, as the above person said, change your portion sizes and factor it into your daily calorie intake.

There's no reason to stop eating the foods you love, you just have to do it in moderation. Soon enough it'll be normal for you and you won't crave an entire chocolate cake :P
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Try baking your own lower calorie/fat versions?

I LOVE cake and ended up making some "healthy" muffins to help curb the cravings:

Recipe Here: http://dashingdish.com/recipe/strawberry-shortcake-muffins/

There are about 100 calories a cake, made with oats, yoghurt and fruit. I used caster sugar in mine as didn't have any Stevia, and that put them up to about 127 calories a cake... They are really yummy and I don't feel guilty eating one or two!