too many carbs?

Options
I'm eating clean and well most days, I'm trying to eat low carb but I find myself going over my carb goal so many days even though I'm avoiding breads, cereals etc. anything with obvious carbs (i do still eat it in moderation, I'm not restricting) does this matter? My calorie goal is always on or within 20 either way of my mfp goal.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm eating clean and well most days, I'm trying to eat low carb but I find myself going over my carb goal so many days even though I'm avoiding breads, cereals etc. anything with obvious carbs (i do still eat it in moderation, I'm not restricting) does this matter? My calorie goal is always on or within 20 either way of my mfp goal.

why are you eating low carb?
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    As long as your carbs are from fruit, veg and whole grains there shouldn't be a problem. Just steer clear (as much as possible) of the processed/refined ones
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    If you're in a calorie deficit, you're good. The real question is, why are you going "low carb"??

Let me guess, you will lose weight faster?
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    As said above, no real need to go low carb if your carbs are from whole grains and fruit/veggies. Lovely big plates of pasta and potatoes are another matter of course:blushing: If you're around your calories I wouldn't worry unless you are over on sugars/fat.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I went low carb/ketogenic for 6 months last year, turned into a total low carb advocate in fact, read all the books/sites, etc.

It was great for recalibrating a sweet tooth and resetting the system but long-term I didn't see the point in continuing to restrict my food choices.

There is more to gaining fat than the whole carbs=insulin=fat thing.

Just saying ...

To answer your question, I would not worry about it if you can maintain a calorie deficit.

I'd love there to be some 'low carb magic' for the average joe but it doesn't exist, the body adapts.
  • girlygirlnicole
    girlygirlnicole Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been going low carb recently past two weeks, feeling a lot better for it too. only high carb days for me are when my sugar levels drop as a type 1 diabetic to around 100ish carbs.

if been looking into.this and if you keep your carbs between 100-150 it's a good range, you could maintain on this and lose slowly.x
  • This topic strongly annoys me.

There is a difference between good and bad carbs. LEARN THEM.

Low carb is a diet. Screw diets and just eat healthy. Your body will thank you.