Anyone else struggling with hypothyroidism??

Options
Today is my first day and I am really looking for support and encouragement. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life and after I had my son in 2005, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I refuse to use it as an excuse but it sure makes losing weight a little more challenging. I would like to lose about 80 pounds and would love some new friends to take the journey with me!!

Replies

• wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am struggling my body will not stay regulated... mostly hypo and I am on cytomel, was on eltroxin but then became hyper.
  • lizcouty
    Options
    I am coming up as a seven year Thyroid Cancer survivor. I had a total thyroidectomy in April of 2006. I am completely "hypo"thyroid. Weight is definitely an issue, as well as finding the energy to workout. It's doable, but it's a battle in and of itself.

I wish you luck.
  • ccurran214
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I have been struggling with hypothyroid for a few years. I refuse to allow this slow metabolism to get the best of me!
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yep, damn thyroid of dooooom. It is a battle. Feel free to add me for support and see my topsy turvy journey for yourself!
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 3 years ago. Prior to being diagnosed I was under weight and went from that to being over weight. I am no longer over weight thanks to watching what I eat and doing lot's of walking. I do struggle with exercise though as I feel lethargic and tired a lot. It's just so easy to put on weight and so hard to loose it! I never used to be like this I have always been naturally slim. Now I have to diet and work hard just maintain "normal". I feel all of your pain! I was diagnosed after I had a really bad virus that the doc thinks may have caused it but we don't know for sure. Not much fun when your only 23 and suddenly can't get out of bed and don't get why your slurring your words and feeling like a zombie all of a sudden!