@ Ladies

Options

Replies

• Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I was on seasonale and gained 30 pounds plus had huge emotional mood swings.

omg no way :(
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    So you have secondary amenorrhoea because of weight/calorie restriction? Then the pill is not going to help. To be honest the period you have while on the pill isn't even a true menstrual cycle anyway. You might want to have a more indepth talk with your doctor about this and be skeptical about someone telling you go on the pill. If your body isn't healthy and you're not having a period I'm not sure how pumping a bunch of hormones in you will help. Now if your amenorrhoea is caused by something else then maybe birthcontrol is the answer. If you had a normal cycle before this, most likely when you eat more, have more body fat and are healthier it will come back. It will just take time.

I've taken several different types of hormal birth control and the side effect were different with each one, so you really won't know how your body will respond until you try it. Good luck!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Why do you want your periods back? i like not having periods. I was on the pill for a while and didn't notice any weight gain. :) I currently have the implant, best thing I ever did. :smile: :smile:

having period is natural and i am very concerned because i haven't had it for 5 months. i don't want this diet and fitness thing to make an impact on my ability to give birth in future :(

So, you're not any sort of birth control or contraception? And you don't have periods at the moment? I'd be concerned about my period if I wasn't taking anything, but the implant just hasn't let me have periods for a long long while. I've had like 3 periods in the last 2 years it's amazing..
    But i see where you are coming from with the whole children thing in the future :smile: try out the pill - see what happens. that's the only way you can tell because it varies with every single person. i'm too forgetful to take the pill ever day x x
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, have you seen a doctor about this? If your period has stopped due to low calorie intake, shouldn't you fix that instead of taking the pill and possibly masking an already existing problem?
    I'm surprised nobody has pointed out this yet.

Edit: actually there were a couple comments while I was writing this.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've been on the pill for 5 years.

Oddly enough, mine got rid of my period instead of bringing it back... and thats fine by me.

I'm also less of a raging ***** during that time, unless you catch me right as I'm coming off my pill.. then it's a bit iffy.

I did gain weight while on the pill(like 40 pounds) but I think it had more to do with my food choices and my drinking habits then the pill, as I lost 33 of those 40 while on the pill.
  • murphy612
    Options
    Out of curiosity, have you seen a doctor about this? If your period has stopped due to low calorie intake, shouldn't you fix that instead of taking the pill and possibly masking an already existing problem?
    I'm surprised nobody has pointed out this yet.

Edit: actually there were a couple comments while I was writing this.

I pointed this out as well, but as I read the OP's comments I realize the main (perhaps only) concern is gaining weight. So my advice to add body fat and get healthier and the period will come back will probably go unnoticed :tongue:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Why do you want your periods back? i like not having periods. I was on the pill for a while and didn't notice any weight gain. :) I currently have the implant, best thing I ever did. :smile: :smile:

having period is natural and i am very concerned because i haven't had it for 5 months. i don't want this diet and fitness thing to make an impact on my ability to give birth in future :(

So, you're not any sort of birth control or contraception? And you don't have periods at the moment? I'd be concerned about my period if I wasn't taking anything, but the implant just hasn't let me have periods for a long long while. I've had like 3 periods in the last 2 years it's amazing..
    But i see where you are coming from with the whole children thing in the future :smile: try out the pill - see what happens. that's the only way you can tell because it varies with every single person. i'm too forgetful to take the pill ever day x x

Did you not read her posts where she states she lost her periods due to calorie restrictions? Meaning her body weight/fat was also too low which is unhealthy for her in the long run?

OP I suggest as others did that you get your body back to its natural state by eating well and talking with a physician. Going back on BC and dealing with those side effects can only cause more struggle.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    i haven't seen the doctor yet, it's all over the phone, i will next week. but he said that's the best way to get it back.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    btw i really hope not to gain weight back. i worked really hard for this :(
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options

I's say getting healthy is a priority here, don't you agree? Missing your period for 5 months is a huge clue that something's wrong. Go see your doctor.
  • murphy612
    Options

I understand. Losing weight is hard, getting the body you want is hard and you don't want to have to do it all over again. But at what expense are you willing to go for this body? I don't know what your height and weight are but if you stopped having a period it sounds like it's not a healthy one. If you're unwilling to gain weight then you'll probably just have to sacrifice having a period, BC pills are not going to "bring back" a natural period. If having children is important to you not having a period may not prevent you from having a healthy pregnancy in the future but being at an unhealthy weight will. You have to choose what's most important to you and figure it out from there. Anyway, see your doctor and hopefully things will get better.
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Never have taken them cus I heard so many bad things about weight gain and making you crazy ... No thanks
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Exactly what Murphy said. Just like being fat can wreak havoc on regular periods being underweight can also. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR face to face. Over the phone won't do you any good. They need to physically see you. And yes pills CAN make you gain weight it's not just how much and what you eat. You really need to research the pills to figure out what to take if that's seriously the route you need. Remember everything you put in your body has a side effect whether good or bad. Good luck.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Hmm, no, didn't notice any of that. What I did notice is that it was a *very* effective product - once the libido has tanked you never need to worry about getting pregnant since sexy time is the farthest thing from your mind.

That's because the pill simulates pregnancy, that is why you don't get pregnant, your body already thinks it is. Ditto the weight gain.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    When I was on BC, it regulated my period and my cramps were actually not as bad. I never really noticed much of a difference anywhere else and, didnt really see a difference in the Girls. BUT, then again, I was on it last time I lsot weight and i didnt feel like I lost any of them last time while this time losing weight, they seem to be dwindling away...

I am actually thinking about going back on it myself to get back to a regular schedule with TOM and to see if they help with my hormone embalance.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I was on it but had to stop taking them because I missed a few days in a row....by accident. Now my period has stopped. That could be because I'm a bit underweight, but if I go back on them, will it come back? I was on them for a few years before having to stop.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I had a tendency to retain alot of water while I was on it. Plus, I had really low energy, which made it difficult to work out like I should have. I haven't been on any kind of birth control since 1998. I have PCOS, so my doctor has me on Metformin. It's taken a while, but I finally had a period at the beginning of this month. It's the first one I've had in years (besides occasional light spotting) without the aid of birth control.
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The majority of my problems came after having the implant inserted, I had it for 4 years. Shortly after having it put in I developed tinnitus which has never gone away and I do think it is connected to the mediciation. I put on a lot of weight for two reasons I retained water weight and I also had an increased apitite. I also had no period and really bad skin and low energy!

I did Insanity and eat well and still didn't lose weight!

Since having the implant taken out and not taking any birth control I feel so much better, skin has improved, hunger under control, I have energy I don't feel I'm going to faint anymore and water weight comes and goes. I have my period back too.

But I'm left with tinnitus which is awful !

I am glad my boyfriend agreed with me to have it taken out and discontinue any use of BC again.

Sorry its not a happy experience if you need BC then consult your GP as to which may suit you best I also had a lot of migraines on the pill like constant.

Can you increase your calorie intake and try and get a good sleep routine going to help bring them back? Sleep and lack of routine always makes me late.

Laura xo
  • girlygirlnicole
    girlygirlnicole Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I take birth control pills, I however don't really agree with them but I don't want to fall pregnant. its putting hormones in your body that shouldn't really be there, it should be only what your body produces.

it brings my periods back to normal as they did stop. I was happy with that although known it wasn't healthy as a female.

didn't notice any chances to be honest on the pill. but the implant completely change my personality into a rage, could feel the rage thru my veins and was constantly angry was crazy! but changed to the pill and I'm alright now healthy and calm and back. to.my. normal self.

I think with birth control pills or without girls do experience bloating pms and emotional states from.time.to time.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options

it brings my periods back to normal as they did stop. I was happy with that although known it wasn't healthy as a female.

you also lost them due to being underweight?