Something to go with soup

Options
I love tomato soup with bread and butter for lunch. However I want to cut out the bread and butter., to help with my weight lose. Have any of you got any ideas what I could have to go with my soup, which will be better for me?

Many thanks

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    chunks of meat is all I can think of. Or beans (lentils?).
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    mini triscuits!

you get to eat 28 of the little guys for only 130 calories!
  • kimedbs
    kimedbs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Half a baked sweet potato or a few slices of cheddar cheese
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ryvita/Cracker breads with laughing cow extra light on them
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with bread and butter if it fits in your daily budget.
  • ajhumbird
    Options
    Try some carrotts and celery. Sometimes I have some humus to go with it to spice up the flavor.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Just have less bread, and no butter.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I would still go with bread (even though you said you didn't want to oops sorry!) and have it as toast. I seem to eat less that way and don't feel the need to put butter on.

Or you could try crispbreads.

Or cheese on toast..... nom nom nom
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love tomato soup with bread and butter for lunch. However I want to cut out the bread and butter., to help with my weight lose. Have any of you got any ideas what I could have to go with my soup, which will be better for me?

Many thanks

Spoon :)
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Put in some hot peppers of varying sorts...they have a lot of nutritional benefits ! Maybe also some Spinach ? Maybe some rice in the soup just to quell the need for something heavier with soup?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    salad
  • OrganicPopcorn
    Options
    Put in some hot peppers of varying sorts...they have a lot of nutritional benefits ! Maybe also some Spinach ? Maybe some rice in the soup just to quell the need for something heavier with soup?

I agree. Add some brown rice. If it's the carbs you will miss, eat complex carbs before your soup, such as an apple. You may not want the bread anymore and the pectin in the apple will fill your belly = )
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I put a little rice or egg noodles in mine. Give you a little carbs but not too many. Also chick peas are good very filling... Any kind of bean. I love chicken noodle soup and lemon chicken rice soup. Yum!
  • NicolaMapp
    NicolaMapp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I used to have bread roll with butter with my soups, but now I just allow myself I piece of bread with it (and make sure there is no butter in the office)!!!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I used to have bread roll with butter with my soups, but now I just allow myself I piece of bread with it (and make sure there is no butter in the office)!!!

^^This. Makes it less of a change as well so it doesn't mess with your head so much.

Putting rice/ beans/ bulgar wheat/ pasta in soup is also a really good idea of it making it more satisfying.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I cant eat tomato soup without a grilled cheese or a tuna melt... i just cant
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Add some brown rice or whole wheat pasta to your soup? And a salad.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i just cook a chicken breast and either cut it up to add to the soup or eat it with it. The protein is more satisfying than bread
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What is your goal in cutting out the bread and butter? If you're trying to cut calories somewhere just get a tastier bread and cut the butter.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Tortilla strips. Gives a crunch and a different flavor. Ginger or Santa Fe might be good with tomato soup.