Kinda down about this week's weigh-in....

Options
Kinda down. Today is my weigh-in day and I'm up to where I started. I've been doing protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and then a sensible dinner which I really have been enjoying. It's saving time, money (the caf at work is expensive and mostly bad options), and most importantly not eating what i've been eating the the cafeteria. The first week I lost 5 lbs (mostly water weight and lost all the bloating from eating terrible over the holidays I think) Weird. I've been staying within my calorie range of 1400(all except maybe two days since I started and it was still well below 2000 calories) and I'm always less than 200 carbs a day. Not sure what the deal is other than last night I did go over my calories with Mexican food and a margarita. I'm probably holding some water weight and such. I'm also sore and maybe a little inflammed from the kettlebell workout I did Monday night. I'll weight tomorrow I guess. Just frustrating more than anything. thank for letting me vent! :)

Replies

• jessmarie1023
    jessmarie1023 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't be down.. I want you to be up! Think about it.. you know you're doing it right, and just hold onto that.. The scale doesn't always reflect the changes we expect. And then there are the weeks where we know we were off task and the scale shows a loss. It's such a mind game. But what you need to tell your mind is positive things.. things like how GREAT you've been doing.. and how you're aware of what you put in your body and how you know you are making the right choices. The scale will catch up on it's own time.. you just have to be strong. The kettle bell that you speak of, that's strength training.. when you are strength training you can often retain water.. because you making small tears in your muscles as you build them, your body then retains water in that area to protect them.. keep up with the routine and you'll drop that water water weight and the results will make you smile.. So please please please don't let this one weigh in, weigh down your mind... bring up your mind and fill it with the beautiful positive thoughts it deserves!
  • oddberry
    Options
    Also, don't overcomplicate things. The more you stress about what you're NOT doing, the more you're NOT going to do what you need to be doing. Eat less, move more, drink more water. The rest will come. But above all do NOT beat yourself up. You are beautiful on the inside and out...now it's time to match that with being healthy. Feel free to add for motivation!!
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    dont beat ure self up over it... our weight goes up and down alot and i know it gets aggreviating some times but we have to stay positive.. i get down bout my weight too bc its not going anywhere when i blink my eyes.. LOL.... well i hope i was of some help.. keep up the good work....:wink:
  • dustidawn
    dustidawn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support!
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the deal is other than last night I did go over my calories with Mexican food and a margarita. I'm probably holding some water weight and such.

This! Mexican food can be very salty and delicious, but it can definitely cause you to retain water weight. It could also be due in part to hormones. This past week my weight went up about a pound every single day since Friday and is just now slowly coming back down again. I haven't been over on calories or anything, but it's that time of the month and I seem to be having this hit a new low, then gain, gain, gain pattern. Then, I drop it all and I'm good for another 3 weeks before it starts again.