• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    you just tilt your head back and let the meat slide down your throat hole

"Little Nikki" FTW!
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    "A review study from Germany, published in the journal Deutsches Arzteblatt International, recently identified the three items most likely to be inadvertently swallowed by adults. First on the list was fish bones followed by chicken bones, neither of which seem that unusual. The third most common item was dentures, which may loosen up in an older person's mouth while eating."

How does one swallow dentures???

:ohwell:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Lured in under false pretenses!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My husband used to swallow nickles. We have an x-ray showing the loose change.

I've swallowed a tooth once... but I can't see swallowing the lot...

tumblr_m5r1r0g3FB1qlkf2do1_500.gif

slightly disappointed but thankfully skitty's ever awesome gifs cheered me up
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    giggle giggle giggle
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Gutted - not what I thought!
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I used to swallow *wrong* I had a tongue thrust. I got rid of it by swallowing anything I could...
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    "A review study from Germany, published in the journal Deutsches Arzteblatt International, recently identified the three items most likely to be inadvertently swallowed by adults. First on the list was fish bones followed by chicken bones, neither of which seem that unusual. The third most common item was dentures, which may loosen up in an older person's mouth while eating."

How does one swallow dentures???

:ohwell:
    believe me, it's common , one or two artificial teeth on an acrilyc plate may be swallowed while drinking liquid, specially if the said liquid is being poured from a little above into mouth! requires an emergecy esophagoscopic retrieval under general anesthesia!! seen enough of them in emergency room. one required major surgery, cutting open the chest as the teeth or hook along with it had permeated through the esophageal wall!:grumble:
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options
    th_z2xiOWb_wUa2iCKlKsc2QQ2_zps379641b4.jpg
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    My husband used to swallow nickles. We have an x-ray showing the loose change.

I've swallowed a tooth once... but I can't see swallowing the lot...

tumblr_m5r1r0g3FB1qlkf2do1_500.gif

slightly disappointed but thankfully skitty's ever awesome gifs cheered me up

Skitty always saves the day...
  • Cardob
    Cardob Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Opening post........ Disappointed. You should've finished the sentence (How do you swallow dentures) Wamp wah
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Definitely not what I thought this thread was going to be about. smiley-sad030.gif
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Damn! Thats it, thats all I got...
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    The physiology of deglutition following mastication are complex neuromuscular activities consisting essentially of three phases, an oral, pharyngeal and esophageal phase. Each phase is controlled by a different neurological mechanism. The oral phase, which is entirely voluntary, is mainly controlled by the medial temporal lobes and limbic system of the cerebral cortex with contributions from the motor cortex and other cortical areas. The pharyngeal swallow is started by the oral phase and subsequently is co-ordinated by the swallowing center in the medulla oblongata and pons. The reflex is initiated by touch receptors in the pharynx as a bolus of food is pushed to the back of the mouth by the tongue. .. would you like me to go on? - is quite fascinating
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Lame.

I suppose if I had to, I'd grind them up first.
  • felice03
    Options
    Should I have included the question "what weird things have you swallowed?"
  • felice03
    Options
    The physiology of deglutition following mastication are complex neuromuscular activities consisting essentially of three phases, an oral, pharyngeal and esophageal phase. Each phase is controlled by a different neurological mechanism. The oral phase, which is entirely voluntary, is mainly controlled by the medial temporal lobes and limbic system of the cerebral cortex with contributions from the motor cortex and other cortical areas. The pharyngeal swallow is started by the oral phase and subsequently is co-ordinated by the swallowing center in the medulla oblongata and pons. The reflex is initiated by touch receptors in the pharynx as a bolus of food is pushed to the back of the mouth by the tongue. .. would you like me to go on? - is quite fascinating

oh yes, please do...
    :huh:
  • cwggraham
    Options
    haha
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I came here for dirt....bahahahahhahah

:wink:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

yeah, please go on...but could you move on to patho? Or should I get back to you when I reach that point of my patho class?