Logging Xbox Kinect

Options
Does anybody log stuff they do with Xbox Kinect and if so how.
I saw Wii in the exercise list, but not kinect.
Maybe it's time for a heart rate monitor...............

Replies

• dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Anybody????
  • MizzJuicy
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing, and have yet to get an answer. Sorry I couldnt be more help! Hopefully someone will let us both know...:)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Obviously it is highly variable depending on what game you were playing, and how intense the execise is. Some games like Fitness Evolved give you calorie estimates.
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    I use Your Fitness Evolved 2012 on my Xbox, but train wearing a HRM. I then log those results making my own exercise up.
  • Tiff4378
    Tiff4378 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this helps, but I use the Nike Kinect Fitness game and the game gives me an estimate of how many calories I burned during my session. Since Kinect isn't listed I created a Nike Kinect under my exercises and log how many calories I burned that way.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I log the following exercises....

Playing Dance on X Box Kinnect
    Playing My Shape on X Box Kinnect
    Playing Zumba on X Box Kinnect

.....which I created on my exercise list. I had the number of minutes and adjust calorie count if I need too. I usually wear a HRM to check the calories as well.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Definitely depends on the game & how hard you're working. An HRM is ideal, but usually I just find similar activities in the list to compare it to.

Some games also count the calories for you, but I find that mine is wayy off--by almost 200 calories sometimes, compared to an HRM reading.
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and Just Dance on my Kinect and wear my HRM while doing both.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I created my Zumba Kinect exercise and logged the time and calories based on my HRM.
  • zoraiya
    zoraiya Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the original Your Shape Fitness Evolved, and I normally just track what it shows on the screen for calories burned. However, I plan on getting a HRM this week as I know the number isn't entirely accurate.

I don't know if you're logging from the MFP database, but your numbers will never be completely accurate if you don't track it yourself.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I log as aerobics normally and adjust high or low impact depending on what im doing
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    only true way to record results is to get a hrm
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Get a Heart rate monitor and add it in yourself - its more accurate too.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I use my HRM and have them in my exercises. I have the Nike+ Kinect Training and Zumba Fitness Core that I do. Both games will show how many calories they think I burned. It's always FAR lower than what my HRM says.
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I only do the Kinect golf at the weekend when i go to stay at my boyfriends but he has the exercise games there. I am suprised that the people who run this website dont already have the kinect listed on the exercies, they really should it is becoming more and more popular and it is a cheaper alternative than going to the gym. Maybe if they read these sections someone might do something about it.
  • beckihadfield87
    Options
    I would definitely get a HRM to be honest, it's hard to judge it even with the games that estimate for you as you may be working at a different pace to what the game expects
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the responses/advice!!!!!!!!